Why is water so important?

Gypsyw0lf
on 1/23/12 5:04 am - Regina, Canada
 I think that 64 oz is a great deal of water but you can include any beverages that you drink in that total amount of fluid

Also the whole caffeine and dehydration is being proven a myth.  I would not double your water intake from simply having a cup or two of coffee (Caffeine and the possiblities of ulcers however is another issue all together)  

Anyways, here is some studies that have been done about Caffeine and dehydration...its an interesting read.

http://www.sportsnutritionworkshop.com/Files/32.SPNT.pdf 
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19774754 

Take it as you will, drinking more water won't hurt you..unless you drink so much that you become water intoxicated, but with our pouches that's pretty far fetched.

Gypsy

LJ1972
on 1/23/12 7:48 am - FL
 I would say this can vary person to person.  If I add a teaspoon of instant coffee to my shake it is the same effect as when I was on Lasix (diuretic). 
 And what would be the problem with drinking 2 extra cups of water if you drink a cup of coffee?  Nada

COURAGE TO START, STRENGTH TO ENDURE, RESOLVE TO FINISH 
                              HW 353 SW 317 Original GW 180  Current Wt  170 
                               First 5k 59:18; 5k PR 32:06;  1st 10k 1:20:27; PR 1:08:36
                                                    1st Half Marathon 2:48

Pensacola Double Bridge Run 15k- 1:47:34
                                                  Three Sprint Triathlons

Gypsyw0lf
on 1/23/12 10:08 am - Regina, Canada
 There is nothing wrong with drinking if you wish 2 extra cups of water if you have a cup of caffeine.  

Many of us have quite enough trouble drinking our 64 ounces of water, to up that to 90 ounces of water seems a bit overkill.  

The research I posted stated that the difference between a caffeinated beverage and a non caffeinated beverage is miniscule, so it says that it is not necessary to 'double up' to replace water.  

If you can add that much more water to your diet that's awesome :) 

Hattie T.
on 1/23/12 4:19 pm - Denver, CO
When I get less than 60 ounces I find myself constipated, sluggish, and dizzy the next day.

Good night,

Hattie
Htaylor46     HW 412, SW 386, CW 309, GW 190      
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 209 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 257 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 304 views
What's on your Monday Menu?