4w2d pregnant with my first (18 months after RNY)

Lindsey82
on 1/22/12 1:13 pm

Hey everyone!
My hubby and I got some exciting news about a week ago. We are officially pregnant with our first and due Sept. 28, 2012! ;-) I just hit 18 months post op, and while I was hoping to lose the last 10-15 pounds of weight, I am so excited. I am by far healthier now than I was at 333 pounds and on tons of meds! I am a little nervous about meeting my calorie expectations, but I found that I am hungry now, where I wasn't before so it is getting easier. A little nervous about gaining weight, but I realize this is different than being just fat. I am hoping to gain around 15 pounds, which the doc said was a good and reasonable goal. So, just sharing my good news with everyone! This has been quite the ride with weight loss, and now onto another roller coaster ;-)
Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers as we are only a little over 4 weeks and still in the danger zone. Miscarrying is my worst fear and this baby is so very wanted!!!!! Thanks friends!

G. Vasquez
on 1/22/12 1:20 pm - CA
Congrats,,,prayers to u and ur lil one in da tummy!

april89love
on 1/22/12 1:22 pm - NC
Congratulations!!! Praying for you!
xtine
on 1/22/12 1:29 pm - San Jose, CA
Congrats!! That is so awesome!!

HW: 295 / SW: 273 / CW: 169.4 / GW: 140 / Dream Goal: 120
Height: 5'3.5"  -  *22lbs of my weightloss was lost pre-surgery.

(deactivated member)
on 1/22/12 1:38 pm
 Congrats!!   What great news! :)
takqia1
on 1/22/12 1:41 pm
So many people here had surgery for that reason. I have a daughter that had to lose weight so she could get pregnant and it worked and we are so thankful.
I understand your concerns about miscarrying I think every pregnant women goes through that. Thats a sign that you already love your baby. Try not to let it consume you leave it in Gods hands Im sure he chose great parents for the best gift ever to be received.
You will have to post along the way so we know how you're doing.
Congrats and lots of prayers your way.
    Nothing tastes as good as skinny will feel.         
myminime
on 1/22/12 1:46 pm - Eugene, OR
Congratulations! That's such great news

I had both babies before WLS, but I lost weight the first two trimesters with both kids, and kept my weight gain to the last four months, and ended up gaining 15 pounds during that time. They both came out healthy and reasonably sized Obviously under the care of the OB, but she approved too. Sounds like your plan is totally reasonable, and if you plan to nurse, the weight does come off a bit easier after delivery too!

You'll do great! I wish you the best!
HW:  255  SW:  225.7  CW:  156.3

Zombie
on 1/22/12 2:03 pm
Congrats on the news. I wish you the best of luck and if you have any concerns I'm sure there are people here who have been where you will be. Congrats Lindsey!

~Paul~

justthe3ofus
on 1/22/12 2:09 pm - Northwest, IN
 Congratulations! Its an exciting time. Enjoy it!
Kim B.

HW 295/ SW 281/ CW 209.6/ GW 155
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. - Eleanor Roosevelt

THE_life10
on 1/22/12 2:36 pm
RNY on 03/26/12
CONGRATS! I'm so happy for you

Height: 5'9 Hw: 285 Sw: 272  Cw: 167 Surg. goal: 165

1m: -20 2m: :-18 3m:-10

4m:-12 5m:8 6m:-4 7m:-3 8m-10:-28

Most Active
Recent Topics