Shopping NSVs....

Hillery82211
on 3/11/12 11:17 am - New Carrollton, MD
RNY on 08/22/11 with
As some of you may remember, I've been pretty bummed about my clothing situation (or rather lack of clothing) because of the rapid weightloss.  I managed to clean out a chunk of clothes that were too big and leave those that are "acceptable".  Well...now the "acceptable" clothes are falling off and its time to clear those out too.  Luckly it seems as if there will be no winter here in DC so I decided to start picking up a few things for spring...mostly a few pairs of jeans and some tops.  Since I can wear jeans to work everyay, I'm not going to invest in slacks and "work" clothes until I'm closer to my goal weight.

So the first shopping NSV happened Tuesday.  I went in Lane Bryant to snag a few pairs of jeans.  I tried on a pair of 20s...walked out the dressing room to check out the rear view.  The sales guy promptly told me that the 20s were too big and went got a pair of 18s.  What do you know..they fit.  They fit and they actually had like room to move.  He suggested I try on some 16s for comparison purposes....and I manged to get them on...can't button them yet...but I'd say in about 10-15 more pounds they will fit perfectly!  I haven't worn a size 18 since freshman year in college which was at least 14 years ago (wait...has it been 14 years?!?!?!?  OMG....I've been out of college for 10 years...where the heck does the time go?!?). 

Today was the second NSV shopping.  So while in Lane Brayant I realized that I can no longer wear shirts from the store.  Everything just hung so loose and baggy and just wasn't fitting right.  I forgot that they make plus size shirts longer but I have a short torse so all the shirt**** much lower than they should and just were not flattering.  So I needed shirts to go with my new nolonger saggy booty jeans.  Cue the Target sale paper and I see that almost off of the shirts are on sale.  So I take a little trip to Target this afternoon and today was the first time since maybe freshman year in college that I was able to actually purchase clothes that were not in the "plus" size section.  Granted it was XXLs tops from Target (which I guess are technically plus size) but dayum it I'm gonna take it.  Not only did they fit, but they fit WELL.  I'm so excited because I managed to get 7 shirts for $50.  If these are the kinda prices I can look forward to when shopping someone better hide the credit card STAT!

I'm totally rambling but I just wanted to share.
HW & SW: 363     Surgery date: 8/22/11    
MickeyDee
on 3/11/12 11:39 am
Time to find a Goodwill store in a great neighborhood!
LJ1972
on 3/11/12 11:44 am - FL
I bought a pair of 18 jeans because I "knew" a 16 wouldn't fit. I'm glad I also bought a belt.
Sheesh... you'd think I'd know by now to try it on!!!

Congrats on the great NSV!
Hillery82211
on 3/11/12 11:50 am - New Carrollton, MD
RNY on 08/22/11 with
Ha belts....totally forgot about that NSV.  I purchased a belt in Target XXL a few weeks ago and I'm already on te 2nd notch!

Congrats on your 18s.....sounds like you will be needing some 16s soon!!!
HW & SW: 363     Surgery date: 8/22/11    
dori M.
on 3/11/12 11:57 am - MD

1Haute Diva
on 3/11/12 1:12 pm - Fort Stewart, GA
RNY on 03/20/12
That is awesome!!! I can't wait until I can get rid of the clothes in my closet. I have 24s, 22s, 20s, and 18s so I guess it will be awhile LOL!
- Shaw

Oxford Comma Hag
on 3/11/12 1:24 pm
Hillery, I'm so happy for you. I know you were having a hard time with your transition clothes.

Isn't it great to be able to get clothes from any store and not just the plus size places? Enjoy, because you have surely earned it!
hlacy
on 3/11/12 2:07 pm - Chandler, AZ
Good for you! I am a week ahead of you and about in the same place - size 16 pants and size large tops. Started out a 26/28 pre-op. Doesn't feel great???!!! :)
"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come"           

Hattie T.
on 3/11/12 2:42 pm - Denver, CO
Congratulations!

Ladies, help me out. What is NSV?

Hattie
Htaylor46     HW 412, SW 386, CW 309, GW 190      
(deactivated member)
on 3/11/12 3:34 pm - San Diego, CA
RNY on 03/21/12
 Hi Hattie,

NSV is a non scale victory!!

Chellby