Ummmmm???

Lady_Samantha
on 3/20/12 5:29 am - Wellfleet, MA
I'm only a week out of surgery, I'm in no pain and the soreness is gone, I feel great. I'm still on a full liquid diet and I'm doing okay with that. My problem is that I think I'm doing way to much way to fast. Yesterday I cleaned my house and then got really tired and had a headache. Today I cleaned the inside of my car (I'm driving again too). I guess I'm scared of hurting myself unintentionally. I just feel like I can do things so I do them. I hope this is a good thing and it won't hurt me in the long run. 

kellyp3039
on 3/20/12 5:36 am
RNY on 03/05/12
 I wish I felt as good as you.  I am two weeks post op and my right side is very painful and tender.  Plus my back is strained from me trying to hold myself differently to protect my stomach.

I'm glad you are doing well but remember you are still healing and can pull or tear something.  I would take it easy.  Go for a good walk if you feel good.  I wouldnt be lifting.

laura_vermont
on 3/20/12 5:39 am
As long as you stop when you're tired or sore, you're probably fine.  I only took 3 days off work, had virtually no pain and returned very quickly to regular activity.  At 2 weeks post op I took a vacation & did water slides with the kids (surgeon had cleared me for swimming after all...)

I did tire easily for a few months.  So, do what you feel up to doing.  I'm happy that things have gone so smoothly for you.

Laura
High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

ToNewBeginnings
on 3/20/12 5:45 am
If you think you are doing way too much way too fast, then why don't you slow down?

You had major surgery you may feel well but your body needs time to heal!

Lilyvalley
on 3/20/12 7:00 am - CT
 As long as you are not lifting anything over 5lbs. and are stopping to hydrate and rest I think you are fine.  I cleaned my house and basement out when I was home in January from my RNY.  

happy_baker
on 3/20/12 7:10 am, edited 3/19/12 7:10 pm
RNY on 02/15/12
I was home in 48 hours, and by the end of the third day, I was pretty much back to 100%. I had no choice but to take care of my 17 month old daughter, which means occasional lifting, etc. I did it very carefully and as little as possible, and didn't hurt myself. (I'm not saying that's okay for people to do, I'm just saying I did it)

A week post-op, I was taking walks, walking my dog, cleaning my house, driving my kids to school, etc. Two weeks later, I was back in the pool doing water aerobics, applying for a job as an instructor.

If you feel great, wonderful. Enjoy that. Don't PUSH yourself, but don't baby yourself unnecessarily, either, if you don't need to be babied. I feel that getting back to my regular routine as soon as it was comfortable and safe really helped me avoid depression and frustration.

Congrats on your smooth recovery! :D
_._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. 
Check out my video blog!  www.youtube.com/user/HappilyShrinking/videos
Highest weight: 269.  Surgery weight: 233.  Goal weight: 144, and then we'll see.. 
CamilleSweetyPi
on 3/20/12 7:56 am - GA
Take it at your own pace. Just pay attention to your body. I hit the ground running  after my surgery in June of last year. I was in the gym 2 weeks later. I have lost 137 pounds as of today and I feel AMAZING! We are so Absolutely fortunate that we have this miracle! Just wait til you catch yourself doing things that you never ever thought you could again, like running up stairs or mowing the yard. You have SO MUCH JOY ahead of you! Follow your Doc's instructions and advice and try your best in another week or two to get addicted to exercise. I'm going to run my first 5K this month. When I started, I couldnt walk to end of my driveway. Best of Luck to You!!!!
MickeyDee
on 3/20/12 2:30 pm
Do what you feel comfortable doing; if it hurts don't do it; nap as needed.
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 331 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 330 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 324 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 176 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?