Scale NOT moving, and depression is moving in !!

AWyldfire
on 3/23/12 12:39 pm - OH
In the last 3 months I have only lost 3-5 pounds !!! I am 10 months out and down 94 pounds total....but I still have about 15 pounds to go for goal.  I have switched up my diet and my exercise routine. I get all my water in daily and 100g protein and all my vites !!! I am starting to get depressed to the point that I have started therapy !!!  I am at a lost for what to do and was hoping somebody could help me figure this out !! I am only 10 months out,  could this be all the weight I lose? Am I done losing? The worse part is the depression is bringing back all my "OLD" issues with food and I do NOT want to slip back into that mode EVER again !!! Please any advice or encouragement is greatly appreciated and needed !!

Discouraged and all alone in Ohio,
~~Angi~~

DisneyLover
on 3/23/12 12:53 pm - WI
for me most of my major loss was before I was 10 months post op.  Since then I have lost weight, but it has been a few pounds here and there.
you do sound like you need therapy to help with your old food issues, so make sure you do that.

Sarah

Bettisima
on 3/23/12 12:57 pm
Just like for non WLS people, the last 10-20 pounds are TOUGH. Also have you had a body fat percentage reading? I am seriously an anti scale kind of girl. Because the scale doesn't tell you about what makes up your weight. It doesn't tell you how healthy you are. It simply tells you how much you weigh at that moment in time.

Try to focus on a number that is more meaningful. Like your body fat percentage. If you get that in the 22%-26% range. Celebrate and forget the number on the scale.

You can do this!
AWyldfire
on 3/23/12 2:33 pm - OH
How and where do I get a body fat percentage reading ?!  LOL  I am really interested in this.
Thanks for the advice =)
~~Angi~~

Bettisima
on 3/24/12 1:30 am
You can buy scales that give you a body fat percentage as well as weight. Also gyms quite often offer body fat testing. Even community rec centers.

Prices may vary, as I have it done through a program associated with my surgeons office, and its $35, but he also tells me some information about my muscle mass in each limb and my core, so that I can target my strength exercises on the right ares. I consider it an investment in me, and my long term success.

Best of luck!
lookin4mydestiny
on 3/23/12 1:11 pm - NC
I sure feel your pain, I logged on to post a very similar post and saw yours!  I was 9mths on the 6th of March..and I have been stuck at this weight for the last 2 mths!! its making me crazy..i actually lost 5 lbs and was so excited and then 3 came back...what is this!? I am doing everything right..changing up....exercise....does the body find a place it likes and fight to stay there?  Hang in there..hopefully for both of us this will pass...I am more frustrated than depressed....but I havent given up or given in!
AWyldfire
on 3/23/12 2:43 pm - OH
I guess I also am frustrated..very...ok...Pissed !!  I mean I feel like I have failed at this.  I know someone who had the surgery and did NOT follow any of the rules ...No daily vites, no exercise at ALL, eats whatever and whenever she wants and has passed her goal weight!! She finds it funny that I do all this hard work and I am struggling !!! I know I am so so much healthier than she is and one day this will bite her in her skinny arse !!!
I just bought Hip Hop Abs so hopefully this will break my plateau and I will get to goal !!  Good luck to you my friend ~~~Don't EVER give up or in !!!! Thanks for the encouragement !!!
~~Angi~~~

Hattie T.
on 3/23/12 1:42 pm - Denver, CO
How many calories are you consuming each day? Unless otherwise advised by your NUT, try taking in 800 calories, eat breakfast, SCHEDULE your snacks instead of eating at unplanned times, and try to not eat late nights (that's a good time for tea and other clear liquids if you need something). Finally, it is recommended that we exercise at least 30 minutes 5 times a week.

Good luck,

Hattie
Htaylor46     HW 412, SW 386, CW 309, GW 190      
AWyldfire
on 3/23/12 2:46 pm - OH
Thanks. I am at 900-1000 calories and under 50 carbs daily. I am starting a new exercise regimen so I hope this helps =)
~~Angi~~

Lady Lithia
on 3/23/12 1:59 pm
I had surgery when I was 293

I was at 185 when I hit the one year mark (or something like that)

I stuck there until 18 months postop and then I got super sick, and dropped to goal for a hot second before jumping back up to 165 (goal was 154)

Then after staying at 165 for a LONG time, I started losing again at about 25 or 26 months and got down to goal at 29 months..... and 8 pounds below. Stayed there for a while, then jumped back up.

165 is optimum for me.... size and health.... so it wasn't a big deal not to hit a lower weight. No way was I EVER going to get to chart perfect (135) for my height, I was a walking skeleton at 146.

Remember that the number on the scale isn't nearly as important as your actual SIZE, and your HEALTH.

Most people don't lose 100% of their excess weight, and you've had remarkable success.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Most Active
Recent Topics