10 year Anniversary

Whit
on 4/14/12 5:06 am
Revision on 12/10/12
Hello OH people. I received my yearly congratulation email today with mixed emotions.  I had RNY bypass surgery and went from 275 to 170 in about 7 months. I did not reach goal but I maintained for about 6 years. Over the past four I have gradually packed back on 60 pounds. There are a number of contributing factors; the death of both parents and Grandmother, menopause, anxiety related to a mentality ill step son and the economy made it easy to look for comfort in food and alcohol.     Over the past year I have had counseling, joined Weigh****chers and been able to maintain my weight even lose a pound or two. I have been looking into the possibility of a revision. I have set appointments - Surgeon and Upper GI test all with a sense of Deja Vou.    Is this the right thing to do? That is yet to be determined. I do know I am in a better place then I was 10 years go both mentally and physically.     More to come.
sweet-tart2012
on 4/14/12 6:37 am - TX
RNY on 02/16/12
  Welcome to the forum!!  We're here for you.                   Best wishes

Ladytazz
on 4/14/12 7:33 am
Congratulations on your 10 years.  Just think of where your weight would be now if you didn't have surgery.
I think you are doing the right thing by consulting with your doctor.  They are doing the surgery very differently now then they did even 5 years ago, from what I have heard.  You can see if your surgery is still mechanically intact.
Don't forget to look at other surgeries, too.  Many people revise to a DS since it is a more effective surgery with better long term stats.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 364 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 279 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 212 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 302 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 128 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?