What is the name of the protein??

Neaucora
on 4/20/12 8:00 am - AZ
RNY on 04/23/12
 My surgery is on Monday. While we are in the big city I wanted my husband to buy some of the unflavored protein powder that most of you use to put in drinks, yogurt, ect. Its some kind of powder that is flavorless.  Also does it come in packetts or container? And where did you find it (GNC, WalMart) ??? Thank you so very very much!!!

Spedteacher59
on 4/20/12 8:03 am - Levittown, PA
I think you are talking about UNJURY. I believe you find it at GNC or you can order it on line.

Good Luck!
Neaucora
on 4/20/12 8:34 am - AZ
RNY on 04/23/12
The only thing I have found at GNC that sounds like what everyone is using is Optimum Nutrition 100% any whey protein. It shows that you can mix it into foods or beverages. Is the right one?
lanagirl
on 4/20/12 8:41 am
I haven't seen any unflavored in any stores. I think you have to order it online. The brands I have used are Unjury and Nectar. I prefer Unjury because it disolves better.

poet_kelly
on 4/20/12 8:58 am - OH
There are numerous brands that make unflavored protein powder.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

BugdocMom
on 4/20/12 10:10 am - CA
Keep in mind that no protein is "flavorless." Unflavored proteins have no flavoring added but still have a distinctive "protein" flavor to them. I have tried several brands and found Isopure Zero Carb Unflavored to have the least actual flavor. Also, it dissolves well in hot coffee and soups. I get mine at Vitamin Shoppe. http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=NP-1184

I add a half scoop to my coffee, hot tea, DIET hot cocoa and other warm liquids. I had to start with a TBSP and increase slowly to get used to the taste.

You can also order samples of different brands of flavored and unflavored proteins through Nashunutrition.com, vitalady.com, and mybariatricpantry.com. I order samples regularly just to keep trying new stuff...
IrishIze
on 4/20/12 12:05 pm - NJ
I've always used Isopure Zero Carb protein powders, but never have I seen unflavored!  Are you talking about Isopure?
Irish......  

BugdocMom
on 4/20/12 12:08 pm - CA
Isopure zero carb powder. Copy and paste the link I included in the original post and it shows a picture. It's great stuff!
BugdocMom
on 4/20/12 12:10 pm - CA
In the store, it is often on the shelf with the natural products instead of with the Isopure products.I have asked them to order it before then gotten a call that they found it in the natural section...
SarinaHaas
on 4/20/12 10:27 am - NY
RNY on 02/28/12
UNJURY is the only unflavored protein so far, that I can truely not taste. I can mix it with almost anything. My fav is ice & pink lemonade crystal light.
Most Active
Recent Topics