I had an AWESOME day!!!

Neaucora
on 4/30/12 2:45 pm - AZ
RNY on 04/23/12
 I started my stage two diet today. One week post-op.  I was loving my protein shake, and sipped it all day long. Only got two in. But I will work on it. Then had Pureed banana and pureed chicken for lunch. Loving it again. And for dinner I finally got something really good. Mashed potatos, pureed green beans with garlic and pureed chicken again. I know this sounds totally gross to most but it made me so happy to eat something instead of drinking chicken broth and jello. lol  And my energy level soared today. I even went with my daughter to WalMart and did a little shopping. But I learned I should have not pushed the cart. I was exhausted after  our trip, but rested and have been taking it easy since. Thank you all for your support and well wishes and I hope everybody has a wonderful day tomorrow!!! 
On another note, I have my one week post op appointment tomorrow afternoon. I only have steri strips on my incisions. And on one the strips came off the top of the incision but held tight to the bottom. It kinda freaked me out so my husband put a band aid over it. All the other strips are holding tight still. I'm a little nervous of what happens at this appointment. I do not want him pushing on my tummy. I am a wimp! lol.  
Thanks again everyone!!! And for those still debating or nervous about the surgery, "Go for it!!! And don't worry about every little thing like I did."  
And I am down 10 lbs since surgery. 

LJ1972
on 4/30/12 2:49 pm - FL
Super that you had a good day! isn't it something to be excited over mushed food? LOL
You will find that you wear out pretty quickly so make sure you get a lot of rest these first couple of weeks. Walk, sip, protein, rest repeat

COURAGE TO START, STRENGTH TO ENDURE, RESOLVE TO FINISH 
                              HW 353 SW 317 Original GW 180  Current Wt  170 
                               First 5k 59:18; 5k PR 32:06;  1st 10k 1:20:27; PR 1:08:36
                                                    1st Half Marathon 2:48

Pensacola Double Bridge Run 15k- 1:47:34
                                                  Three Sprint Triathlons

Terry L.
on 4/30/12 9:32 pm - Philadelphia, PA
 Great job!! Just stick with it - the time passes faster than you realize.
Whether you think you can or think you can't; you're right!

Most Active
Recent Topics