RNY/ 2001-twins/2007-RE-Gained 30lbs

Dayana E. S.
on 5/9/12 4:11 am - Hollywood, FL
RNY on 07/23/01 with

I am so miserable. I am 5' ft short! & went from 297lbs Pre-Op to stabilize at 130lbs for 6yrs. Then I got pregnant with TWINS, went up to 189 and have only gotten down to 160lbs. My clothes don't fit the same and my eating has not increased, In fact I stopped buying soda, juice, sugar, chips, and cookies in my home for my family and even started a garden with veggies and herbs. I exercise but the weight is NOT budging. :(

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. I have heard about the stomaphyx, but my insurance will not cover the cost.

HELP!!!! I have tried to "regress" to the beginning by doing clear liquids but by evening, I want something solid. :(  

Michelle V.
on 5/9/12 4:13 am - Livonia, MI
1. check with your doctor to make sure your pouch/stoma hasn't stretched out.

2. do you still eat protein first and track all calories consumed? If not - go back to your postop diet for full solids and get back to basics.

Kay L.
on 5/9/12 4:23 am - N., AL
I would go in for a check to see if everything with your "plumbing" is okay. I haven't heard anything good about the stomaphyx, but I can't speak from experience. I've just read on several forums that it doesn't work.

It sounds like you're doing everything right, but I wouldn't be trying to do clear liquids. That's a crash diet and nobody can live like that. You just need to cut out simple carbs and concentrate on getting in the protein (lean) first, like you used to. You may also want to have your hormones and thyroid checked. You could be all out of whack from being pregnant.

I just want to add, I think if you are at 160 after having twins, that is phenomenal. I know my opinion is no small comfort, because if 160 is uncomfortable for you then that's what counts!
ToNewBeginnings
on 5/9/12 4:56 am
Calories in versus calories out. Try sparkpeople.com and track everything you are eating. It will tell you how many calories you should be eating to lose 30 pounds by a certain date.