Time.....

brenlee1965
on 5/12/12 11:28 am - New Berlin, NY
I missed my pre-surgery weight loss goal by 3 pounds; so will have 3 weeks to lose that. Bassett Healthcare in Cooperstown NY is VERY serious about not allowing you to move forward toward the RNY without this required weight loss. I was bummed for a bit & had prayed about it....so I am okay with a little time (I can get my rent paid ahead a month; so I won't have to worry about bills & having to take more than 2 weeks off work).....All in good time.
 Bren                
A. C
on 5/12/12 11:30 am
good for you, it sounds like you have a good attitude about it - chin up! you can do it

good luck

HW: 376   SW: 354  

brenlee1965
on 5/12/12 11:39 am - New Berlin, NY
Thanks....My doc was so proud of me for the weight loss. I did lose 15 pounds. And WOW do I feel it. I had to take my bra extenders off my bras....YIPPPPPPEEEEEEEE He told me to get used to these kinds of successes; there will be plenty.
 Bren                
tab047
on 5/12/12 11:59 am
Sounds like you are motivated so you will be able to get to your pre-surgery weight.  Good Luck!!

brenlee1965
on 5/12/12 12:03 pm - New Berlin, NY
Thanks...I am motivated! It's been a long road and I am glad that people here are willing to share their experiences and learned info with others.
 Bren                
yahpraiser
on 5/12/12 1:17 pm - danville, AL
I say everything happens for a reason. God has a plan and sometimes its not ours. Looks like you know that though. I am proud of you and you are going to do very well. I'll be praying for you.
littleskie
on 5/12/12 2:47 pm - freeport, TX
RNY on 08/19/09 with
I too will be praying for you. I am sure you will be able to get it done and come out happier on the losing bench.

If you need anyone to chat with i'm available. I know its kinda stressful to go thru this entire journey, but it is so worth it. I say that knowing I may have an intestinal bleed somewhere and back problems that actually got worse with WLS.

WLS is not evryone miracle cure, anc its not everyone second chance in life. It it an opportunity to do better in the life we have left.

When I had to do my preop died i discovered something. I needed to eat. I started eating breakfast. I hadn't had breakfast for years, since I was a kid. I went back to that to lost the fifty pounds needed to make the surgery as safe as possible.

I did it by beating eggs and bacon for breakfast. Pork chops smothered i gravy for lunch and hamburger patties treated like gourmet food.

Can you tell I love food! I could never work on food nework due to the samples. everyone loves to eat. a meal brings family together

Met my first goal, met my second goal, met my surgeons goal. Now I have a new goal!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 25 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 293 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 338 views