How do I get my mental mojo back?

Virgo64
on 5/14/12 3:22 pm
So I started preparing for RNY surgery late last year.  I knew I was going to have to have 6 months of supervised visits with my pcp, so I started those and have lost about 25 lbs.  Then, my husband lost his job and there went the insurance benefits that would cover the surgery.

Thankfully, my husband secured a new and better job within a week, but his new insurance benefits are just now getting ready to kick in.  I completed the 6 months of visits with my pcp, so that requirement has been met.  As it turns out, our new insurance has fantastic benefits for wls, and neither they or the surgeon I have chosen really have any long or difficult requirements that have to be met before he will operate.  Sure, I have to do the normal pre-op tests, but they've told me that from the day the insurance approves benefits that I could be having surgery in as little as 2 weeks.  

While this is all a great blessing, I'm struggling with getting myself mentally prepared.  Before my husband lost his job, I was in the zone and was kicking butt with my diet, etc., but then all the air was let out of my sails.  To complicate things a little more, I made the decision to leave my job in the late part of April because the stress there was coming home with me alot and it was causing my blood pressure to start rising. 

Any words of wisdom or suggestions on what has worked for you that could help get me kick started again would be much appreciated.  I won't do this if I'm not mentally ready, so it's super duper important for me to get my focus back on track. 

Thanks!

dan434
on 5/14/12 10:19 pm - NJ
RNY on 05/22/12
Surround you self with positive pepole support group and noo your doing this to make you a healthery person ! i,m 7 days away from surgery and no what you mean but i,m rite spirtiuly ,mentaly and emotionly i  have great support from my wife family and friends and a strong faith in the Lord with alot of pepole praying for me ! this has helped i,m am so ready to start this new journey keep the Faith it will all work out!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 268 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 280 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 322 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 279 views