Sick of pureed food!!!

Neaucora
on 5/20/12 1:16 pm - AZ
RNY on 04/23/12
 I will be four weeks post op on Wednesday. Then I am to start my moist foods diet. But, everything that I have tried that was not blender or magic bullet pureed makes me hurt and foam and then throw up. I cannot do meat at all. I pureed some chicken, it made me sick. I tried some tuna, made me sick. I am so tired of jello, mashed potatoes and pureed soups, & yogurt,. I tried an pureed hard boiled egg last night and it made me nauseous too. Has anyone else had this problem? As a child I was raised vegetarian. I bought some griller soy meat and wanted to try that but I am so scared of the pain and foamies, I have not pureed any yet.  If I do get sick, sometimes a bite of cottage cheese helps. I eat alot of cottage cheese. Please tell me this will go away. 

cuddles010982
on 5/20/12 1:26 pm - Mt
I am 10 weeks post op and totally know how you feel. Due to a lot of complications I am still on soft foods. I have been able to get a few non soft stuff to work but not many. I know everyone is different but some things that work for me are...

string cheese
laughing cow cheese on crackers
summer sausage (I know it sounds like it wouldnt work but it does becuase it is easy to chew and not greasy. Obviously this is not something i can eat a lot of long term but for now with how little i eat my NUT says its ok)
cottage cheese with canned fruit like peaches
beans

also i found these chicken strips in the frozen food section. They are Tyson Honey Battered Breast tenders. They have 13g of protein and 3g of sugar for 5 tenders (they are small and at first I could eat 2 now I can eat 2 at a time) you back them and they are super moist. these have saved me because i am having a terrible time getting protein in.

Those are just a few suggestions. i hope they work for you!

~Heidi

~Heidi
The quest for excellence is a life long process
Neaucora
on 5/20/12 2:39 pm - AZ
RNY on 04/23/12
 Thank you Heidi. I was getting ready to cry. I had a shrimp tonight. Just one, not breaded. I chewed and chewed and chewed. But it still hurt. I had to eat a couple of bites of cottage cheese to keep from it hurting so bad. I am scared of trying the chicken. But I will get a bag (if my store has it), if I dont eat it, I am sure my hubby or daughter will. I will also try the string cheese. I have some laughing cow, but did not know what to put it on. My NUT said, no bread, no tortillas, no crackers for like 6 months. ugh.  Thanks again!!!

cuddles010982
on 5/20/12 2:47 pm - Mt
I hope my suggestions help. I can't really eat any meat either. Everything hurts my pouch except those chicken tenders.  Just so you know they are breaded but it is a super light breading and it peels off easily if you dont want to eat that part.
Let me know how it goes!

~Heidi
The quest for excellence is a life long process
dasie
on 5/20/12 6:36 pm
Listen to your body.  I could not do pureed at all.  The consistency and everything about it nauseated me.  I stayed on full liquids much longer then transisitioned to soft foods.  I could not eat meat for a very long time.  It is trial and error.  Like you tuna, eggs, etc., I could not eat.  I would try one new item at a time, and when I found something that worked, I added that to my very short list.  Little by little the list grew.  Things will get better.

littleskie
on 5/20/12 8:14 pm - freeport, TX
RNY on 08/19/09 with
seafood seems to be easier for the new pouch to deal with. Things like shrimp and moist/fatty type fish. Just cook so they stay moist and give em a try.

If you are still supposed to be on mushy foods why are you eating things you aren't supposed to be? That may be why you get sick. Please follow your surgeons guidelines.

Also know that eggs and chicken are difficult for most people. I was lucky and for me they were a saving grace. I don't eat seafood...lol.

Met my first goal, met my second goal, met my surgeons goal. Now I have a new goal!

Neaucora
on 5/21/12 5:25 am - AZ
RNY on 04/23/12
 I have  not tried many things not pureed. But my NUT told me I should be eating eggs, pureed tuna, and pureed chicken for protein by now. I cannot handle any of those.  So I tried some fish with a lot of homemade tarter sauce (to cut back on the sugar in it) and I took a tiny bit and chewed and chewed and chewed it till I thought it would be a pureed state. It made me sick too. So I was foing to puree the griller soy meat. But I am so sick of getting sick. I just dont even want to try. I am doing my protein shakes, so I will keep them going. I have my one month appointment tomorrow with both surgeon and NUT. So I will talk with them. I guess I will be just a bit behind schedule. Thats all. The big problem is I am so sick of pureed food, its starting to make me gag. The yogurt, the cottage cheese etc. So I think I want to try something else. But when it comes down to it, I now chicken out. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 245 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 267 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 272 views