RNY FIRST FEW WEEKS

BREATHLESS_BUTI
on 5/24/12 7:07 am
 Hello OH family, just trying to get myself prepared and everything put in place for when I have my procedure the end of next month....did most of your first week meals only consist of protien shakes or what other meal replacement items was involved and which ones did you love...i know everyone taste buds was different and will be...but just trying to get some ideas....i read, read, read, on this website daily.....so i will check back for any comments or you can inbox me....Thanks a bunch and I can't wait to join the losers bench....
Hollie313
on 5/24/12 7:16 am - MI
RNY on 05/09/12
Congrats!  My favorite was Campbell's Healthy Request chicken noodle soup
broth.  I strained out all of the noodles, chicken and veggies.  Threw some fresh
cracked black pepper and it was SOOOO much more tasty than regular old chicken
broth....nut approved this, of course.

Surgery: 5/9/12              HW: 302           SW:  287.6        CW:  158

MBsRNY
on 5/24/12 7:22 am - Baltimore, MD
My favorite was some pureed homemade soups I had made previously....beef lentil with chutney and turkey/sweet potato.   I love these soups normally and pureeing them didn't change the flavor, just the texture.  The plus: Both are high in protein.

Good luck!

HW 270, SW 257, Surgery date: 4/25/12...        
poet_kelly
on 5/24/12 9:10 am - OH
My first week at home I was on full liquids, so protein shakes, yogurt, etc.  The second week I was on pureed food.  You'll need to find out what your surgeon's plan includes.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Country_Girl_Annie
on 5/24/12 9:30 am
RNY on 01/30/12
 I think it was in my second second week, but my husband made a couple delicious soups with Bob's Red Mill 13 Bean Soup Mix. He cooked the beans until they were very soft and I ate slowly and made sure all of the beans were completely mushed in my mouth before I swallowed.
HW 270  /  SW 256  / CW 212

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 5/24/12 10:39 am
My first week was clear liquids.  Broth,sf jello, diluted fruit juice, water.  Second week I was on full liquids (yogurt, pudding, protein drinks.

Winnie

BREATHLESS_BUTI
on 5/24/12 8:41 pm, edited 5/24/12 8:41 pm

Thanks for the repies I sure do appreciate it....I get the plan my doctor wants me to follow on May 30th....and I'm so exciting I can't wait...I been doing the clear liquids just to get a feel of what is going to be like....so thanks....I can't wait to be on the losers bench.....

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 331 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 330 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 324 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 178 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?