How would your respond?

brenlee1965
on 5/25/12 11:49 am, edited 5/25/12 11:51 am - New Berlin, NY
I am curious how you would respond to the comment of "WLS is the easy way out.

The reason I am curious is because I know this is going to come up. I did read some responses on here. I would like some more.

I would like some comments that I could use; without me being angry in my response; because it's not needed. Obviously, these people are ignorant in their knowledge or they wouldn't say this.

Would love some ideas, please.
 Bren                
brenlee1965
on 5/25/12 11:54 am - New Berlin, NY
Can't wait to read these!!
 Bren                
lesserman
on 5/25/12 12:09 pm - Chicago, IL
Probably a right to his midsection and then a knee to his face...

Yes, I'm seeing a therapist for some anger management issues....(several, actually)...

Weight at Heaviest: 320 lbs. 
Weight at Surgery:
283.6 lbs.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion...

Dagne Tripplehorn
on 5/25/12 12:12 pm, edited 5/25/12 12:13 pm - OR
RNY on 04/06/12
#1   "Surgery doesn't make losing weight easy, but it does make it possible." End of discussion.

#2   "Some people are born with money, others have to make sacrifices for it." End of discussion.

#3   "If you ever want some real information about weight loss surgery, let me know." End of discussion.

I was gonna say what lesserman said, but you asked for anger-free responses.
Anger is so much more satisfying.

Scaura
on 5/25/12 12:16 pm - Fort Collins, CO
Role my eyes, and let them know how incredibly rude they are being with a big eat $#!t puzzling smirk on my face.  I do not believe rude behavior should be matched with politeness and niceties.  :)

Laura
HW: 311  SW:264 (size 24)  CW: 174 (size 14)  Surgeon's Goal: 176 My GW: 149
Weight Loss Month 1: 20 pounds!  Weight Loss Month 2: 17 pounds!
Weight Loss Month 3: 12 pounds!  Weight Loss Month 4: 10 pounds!

Weight Loss Month 5: 12 pounds!  Weight Loss Month 6: 6 pounds!

Weight Loss Month 7: 6 pounds!   Weight Loss Month 8:

25 pound to my goal!

Kaoz789
on 5/25/12 12:23 pm
"What planet did you fall off of that you think a major organ changing surgery is easy?  Obviously you need to do some googling before you open your mouth because your ignorance is obvious."

But then, I've always been a ***** to anyone that's rude/brain dead enough to actually accuse me of not thinking a decision through.... 

And honestly, 5 months out, no one has asked me that question yet. But I have gotten the "why" question. But those guys are curious and seeking information so I'm happy to answer them.

wendydettmer
on 5/25/12 12:25 pm - Rochester, NY
i would use it as a time to educate. most people i don't think are trying to be mean, just don't understand. there was a time when I thought the same thing. Then things changed and I thought better.

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11  

dori M.
on 5/25/12 12:28 pm - MD
 How about something like:

If it was so easy everybody would do it
or
I don't think changing my relationship with food is easy
or
I don't think following a daily vitamin regimen for the rest of my life is easy
or
I don't think major abdominal surgery is easy

poet_kelly
on 5/25/12 12:29 pm - OH
Do you always do things the hard way?  Most people prefer to do things in the easiest way possible.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

happy_baker
on 5/25/12 12:31 pm
RNY on 02/15/12
i have to admit that I have, on several occasions, stood on the scale and giggled gleefully because WLS DOES make losing weight a whole lot easier. I am dropping weight now SO much easier than I ever did on my own.

I have done it on my own before, but it was much more of a struggle than this has been. And you know what? I've earned it. I have lost the same 50-60 lbs over and over and over again. I have sweated and dieted and deprived and tried every trick in the book, and in the end, it never stayed off.

So how long does a person have to flounder in the ocean before it's acceptable for them to grab a life preserver?

I was drowning. I couldn't do it myself anymore. So I grabbed that ring. Because sometimes taking help IS the easier way. But I prefer the easier way that gives me a happier healthier life over the futile, struggling way that perpetually ends in failure.
_._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. 
Check out my video blog!  www.youtube.com/user/HappilyShrinking/videos
Highest weight: 269.  Surgery weight: 233.  Goal weight: 144, and then we'll see.. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 0 replies · 3 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 291 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 336 views