How is this possible

jmelyn1977
on 6/7/12 11:48 am
Ok.... I have been weighing myself weekly. On Wednesday 5/30 I weighed 156 - yesterday 6/6 I weighed 163!!!!!!!!! How the hell is that possible????? I am almost 14 months post op and have NEVER HAD A GAIN LIKE THIS!!!!!!!!
Occasionally - I will fluctuate between 2-3 pounds - but NEVER *7* damn pounds!
I have not changed ANYTHING - nothin different w eating or exercising. My clothes don't even feel any different.
Just thought I'd throw this out there. And plus it felt good to vent! I was so pissed when I got on the scale!

~Jamie~

brenlee1965
on 6/7/12 11:52 am - New Berlin, NY
My doc said tha****er weight shifts your weight & if you are during your womenly cycle this can also mess with your weight. I would be bent out of shape, too! Venting is good for your BP....LOL
 Bren                
_Donna_
on 6/7/12 11:57 am
It could be water weight or it could be that you need a good poop.

RNY 5-5-2011

happy_baker
on 6/7/12 12:21 pm
RNY on 02/15/12
A gallon of water weighs 8 lbs. Considering the average human is about 60% water, an extra gallon spread throughout your lean tissue, fat cells, skin, and organs wouldn't be very noticeable anywhere but the scale. When you lift weights, your body floods your muscles with water to help heal the microtears. Anything from sleep disturbances to your menstrual cycle to exercise could be causing it. Relax, it will go away.
_._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. 
Check out my video blog!  www.youtube.com/user/HappilyShrinking/videos
Highest weight: 269.  Surgery weight: 233.  Goal weight: 144, and then we'll see.. 
JJ_
on 6/7/12 1:16 pm
Breathe in, breathe out.  THERE IS NO WAY YOU COULD HAVE EATEN ENOUGH CALORIES to have truly gained that much.  This too shall pass.

Judy
THE_life10
on 6/7/12 1:44 pm
RNY on 03/26/12
YES..this to shall pass..and when it does you will jump for joy

Height: 5'9 Hw: 285 Sw: 272  Cw: 167 Surg. goal: 165

1m: -20 2m: :-18 3m:-10

4m:-12 5m:8 6m:-4 7m:-3 8m-10:-28

Carrie W.
on 6/7/12 1:56 pm - KY
It's probably water weight and/or the need to poop. I'm sorry but there it is. I know you're going to worry but I don't think you have anything to worry about.
  HW 347/SW 328/CW 176/GW 160                   

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/7/12 11:21 pm
You are over a year out... maybe it is water, or BM, or... your body is catching up on the malabsorbtion and you may start the dreaded "bounce back".   There is the fat loss distribution ... When even when we gain some weight - it goes to places like your face or your arms.. (that happened to me).  Now it is time to watch the scale and if the number does not go down in next couple of weeks - maybe it will be time to change what you are eating or level of the exercise.   I notices change in clothes when I regained 10+ lbs...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
Recent Topics