Take my advice....

Kalyssa
on 6/8/12 5:14 am - MD
RNY on 03/20/12
I have not been taking my vitamins like I should have been and I will tell you I feel like crap! Please stay on your medications as instructed.

Have a great weekend!

JUSTJUNQUIES
on 6/8/12 5:16 am - Citrus Heights, CA
RNY on 04/04/12
The vitamins are the hardest for me!!! I just spent ANOTHER 160 buck , Praying I can keep them down

Donna Q. --5'8" -60 years old
Band 2005
hw320 sw276 lw with band 195 gw 160-180? 
Bypass 4/4/2012
pre sw 258 lw RNY 162 cw 203

Kalyssa
on 6/8/12 5:59 am - MD
RNY on 03/20/12
 I have trouble remembering to take them.  But now that I feel like crap trust I am REMEMBERING now.  Ever since I have had the worse headache and just feeling real sluggish.
JUSTJUNQUIES
on 6/8/12 6:17 am - Citrus Heights, CA
RNY on 04/04/12
headache after the vitamins?, if so you are taking to much for you or not with food.
My bypassed daughters both got very ill from not doing vitamin and one still is not well after 6 years, she only takes iron if I buy it for her, but that has stopped !! I am not going to enable a almost 36 y/o woman who won't take care of herself. She is on Medi-cal and can get them all because of the bypass but won't find a doc or even ask....I have to worry about affording MY vitamins not hers
 I am having a heck of a time , I usually have a protein drink in the morning instead of eating something and when I have the drink the vitamins don't sit well and am sick all day so I have to force myself to eat a breakfast ( something I have never done)
you would think after 9 weeks I would be able to handle this !! I'm a big girl I can do this.
I feel like crap too but it has more to do with knees and hips and taking pain meds almost every day, I think that is also making me a slower looser. I had steroid injection in my left butt and right groin yesterday and start gel injections (again) next week for both knees. I am not exercising at all. a little stretching is about it and grocery shopping and cooking 1 meal a day and barely keeping up with the house. Fortunately I have a wonderful supportive husband who can fend for himself when needed.

Donna Q. --5'8" -60 years old
Band 2005
hw320 sw276 lw with band 195 gw 160-180? 
Bypass 4/4/2012
pre sw 258 lw RNY 162 cw 203

Kalyssa
on 6/8/12 6:33 am - MD
RNY on 03/20/12
Since I have not been taking vitamins I have been having headaches.
poet_kelly
on 6/8/12 6:33 am - OH
Headaches are one symptom of low iron.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Kalyssa
on 6/8/12 6:40 am - MD
RNY on 03/20/12
 I was thinking the same thing.  I am already anemic, but I think it is getting worse. 
poet_kelly
on 6/8/12 6:50 am - OH
If you think it's getting worse, it would probably be a good idea to get some labs done so you can make sure you're addressing it correctly.  You need to make sure you're taking enough iron now, and if it's really really low, you may need iron infusions.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Elizabeth G.
on 6/8/12 6:10 am - RI
RNY on 10/18/12
Vitamins cost that much? WTH!
stlfocus
on 6/8/12 6:14 am - IA
They don't have to cost that much.  I buy my  generic iron, multis, and B-12 from CVS Pharmacy when they are buy one, get one free.  I do buy Bariatric Advantage calcium chews only because they taste so good and I feel like I am getting candy twice a day.

I would be surprised if I spent more than 25 or 30 bucks a month for vitamins, with the calcium chews being the bulk of that cost.

Most Active
Recent Topics