Hey All!

moxiecowgirl
on 6/11/12 12:37 pm - Blue Springs, MO
RNY on 01/14/13
I just found out today that my insurance will not cover the VSG that my surgeon and I were planning.  This leaves me with only 2 options...the Lap Band...not gonna happen...or RNY.  So here I am, learning all about my Plan B.

I'll probably be lurking a lot at first, but when I speak up, you'll start to wonder what happened to the "shy" girl in the corner.  Just wanted to introduce myself so you didn't wonder where the hell I came from! 

Starting weight: 335  Surgery day weight: 304.6  Current weight: 229.6  Goal weight: 145 

stlfocus
on 6/11/12 12:54 pm - IA
My surgeon and I considered VSG, but after much discussion, we decided on RNY.  I am 9 months out and very  happy with the results.

So I hope if you decide to go forward with RNY, that you will be as thrilled with this tool as I have been.

Good luck.  Ask any questions you might have while you learn about your Plan B.

fawnracene
on 6/11/12 3:30 pm
RNY on 06/06/12
I actually never really considered VSG... my scientific/healthcare background kind of went for the goldenstandard of weight loss surgery. RNY just felt right I went with my "gut"... You can always try to appeal to your insurance company.... Hope you can make a decision and you feel good about it. :)
courtwillbehealthy
on 6/11/12 10:58 pm - burlington, VT
 Welcome :) im a freshy lol im 1 week out from RNY :) so far doing great. i know you will too :D 

oh yeah and im courtney :) 
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 365 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 282 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 217 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 303 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 129 views