new here

karenp8
on 6/12/12 5:36 am - Brighton, IL
I have been lurking here for awhile and posting recently so wanted to take a minute to introduce myself. My name is Karen and I live in central Illinois. I am scheduled for appointments next week to begin the process to have RNY surgery. I am 52 years old and am a wife to a very supportive husband and mother to two college age boys. I have been overweight my whole life and have tried all the diets even the crazy ones like the grapefruit diet and the cabbage diet. When I was younger I did lose weight almost to a normal weight for my height but only was able to keep it off for a little over a year. I have severe rheumatoid arthritis which is exacerbated by my weight and have high blood pressure and hyperlipidemia. I am headed for diabetes like both my parents had. I am ready to take this step for myself so that I can be around to see my sons grow up. I want to be able to go in a restaurant and eat at a booth without wondering if everyone is watching me eat. I want to be able to feel comfortable going out on the pontoon boat that has been sitting unused in the yard. Most of all I want to be healthy!! Thank you so much for all I have learned here even when I was just lurking!! 
Neaucora
on 6/12/12 5:52 am - AZ
RNY on 04/23/12
Welcome and its wonderful to meet you!! Yes, I think everybody here wants to be healthy (and look good ) I started the journey last summer. I am very happy with my surgery, love my new pouch, and am thankful for everything. I have learned so much on this site too. I love my OH family!!

dori M.
on 6/12/12 6:15 am - MD
 Hi Karen

Welcome to the RNY board. Good luck on your journey. 

swampwoman
on 6/12/12 6:17 am - Hampton, NJ
Welcome Karen. Please keep us posted on your journey.
  Today is the first day of the rest of my life!!                          
getfitagogo
on 6/12/12 6:59 am
I'm in the beginning stages of the process also.  Good luck!
Get Fit A-Go-Go
sugarbabyhoneypump
kin

on 6/12/12 7:48 am - IN
 Welcome!  I'm a newbie too!  Nice to me you.
~~Sonya~~
(Roux-en-y 07/05/2012) Heighest Weight/Surgery Day Weight 240lbs     
Sheryl G.
on 6/12/12 10:23 am - IL
VSG on 09/17/12
Welcome Karen! We sound a lot alike! We're about the same age, kids around the same age, and weight struggles sound about the same too! I'm in northwest Illinois. I hope to have surgery in the month or two.
chubarella
on 6/12/12 11:50 am - Brownsville, TX
Welcome!!!

Chubarella

Coopiemom
on 6/12/12 12:52 pm
Hi Karen, I have been lurking as well and not posting much. I live in Springfield, Illinois and am waiting for a surgery date. Been working on this since February and finally got my approval letter from insurance this week..yeah! Good luck to you in the process!
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 219 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 258 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 306 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 266 views