Salad

mjst220
on 6/18/12 7:03 am
Is salad something you eat on a regular basis? My surgeon warned me that salad has a tendency to get stuck in the anastamosis junction and sometimes has to be gotten out by scope. Has anyone had any problems with this? I am 7mo out and am craving it, I have not had a stitch of lettuce since surgery out of fear...So far I have been extrememly lucky and can eat almost anything except bready stuff and greasy stuff.
poet_kelly
on 6/18/12 7:05 am - OH
I eat it on a regular basis.  I don't know why it would get stuck unless maybe you swallow large pieces without chewing it up well.  I've never seen anyone post here on OH about having to have it removed via scope, either.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

seashell6417
on 6/18/12 7:11 am - Gaylord, MN
I eat at least one lettuce based salad most days and have never had a problem.
Tami

(deactivated member)
on 6/18/12 7:12 am - waukesha, WI
I am 8 months out and been eating salad for the last 3 months..........no problem!
hporter27
on 6/18/12 7:22 am
Try eating it slowly.  I am 14 months out and have tried eating salad a couple of times but always get a terrible stomach ache whenever I have tried to eat lettuce.  I don't know why since I can eat other vegetables fine. 
jasonsmith
on 6/18/12 9:09 am - MO
im almost 6 weeks out and can handle lettuce with a low or no fat dressing

wendydettmer
on 6/18/12 9:11 am - Rochester, NY
i eat salad all the time. spinach every single day (although it's blended so no way it's going to get stuck) and a salad 3-5 times a week.

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11  

JUSTJUNQUIES
on 6/18/12 9:27 am - Citrus Heights, CA
RNY on 04/04/12
I ate it yesterday for the first time , I am almost 11 weeks out and had no ptoblem...it was SOOOOOOOOO good!!

Donna Q. --5'8" -60 years old
Band 2005
hw320 sw276 lw with band 195 gw 160-180? 
Bypass 4/4/2012
pre sw 258 lw RNY 162 cw 203

allys
on 6/18/12 10:07 am
Yay salad! I started a few weeks ago (3.5 months probably) with lettuce, mushroom, cucumber (hothouse kind with little to no seeds), and red onion. I chew like a crazy lady and have had no issues.
BWB
on 6/18/12 10:22 am
I was able to eat it after 3 or 4 months but had a problem about a month ago.
I ordered a salad buffet and took a little lettuce combo with egg, and some of the goodies. I spent most of the evening in the bathroom trying to get it up. I had a terrible stomach ache and all the dumping symptoms. I was fine on the way home but salad doesn't look so good any more.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 199 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 256 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 304 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 265 views