weight dropped 30lbs at 4 weeks now holding, is that normal?

sidsid
on 6/25/12 2:23 am
 Dropped 20lbs in first 2 weeks post surgery then to 30 lbs at 4 weeks, now at 6 weeks holding at 30lbs. 
So hard to eat anything, never hungry and wait for the 'alien baby" to decide if they will like it :)
Most of the time they grumble.

is there a mornal stall at 4-6 weeks, back to work next week so worried about eating in front of people. Havent told them about surgery.

is there normal weight stalls? and when are they?
Hollie313
on 6/25/12 2:29 am - MI
RNY on 05/09/12
This seems to be pretty common.  I stalled on weeks 3 & 4, but then the scale moved
again for week 6. 

Surgery: 5/9/12              HW: 302           SW:  287.6        CW:  158

Lady Lithia
on 6/25/12 11:07 am
I lost 25 pounds in the first three weeks

didn't lose again until the 9th week

totally normal

seems like the math doesn't make sense, but the body-- apparantly-- never passed a math class.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

tgrlnh
on 6/25/12 3:04 am
RNY on 06/05/12
I droped 16.5lbs in 16 days but have been holding steady for the last 5 days.  I think our bodies just need time to readjust.  I've seen posts with similar topics in the past.  It's frustrating as all heck but it seems to be par for the course.

HW 351 SW 314 CW 140 ~ Surgery Day 6/5/12 - The first day of the rest of my life!

DisneyLover
on 6/25/12 3:05 am - WI
your body needs to adjust to its loss.  keep up on your fluids and protien and vitamins and exercise and the weight loss will start again.

I don't call them STALLS.  I call them adjustment periods.

Sarah

chelsea41808
on 6/25/12 3:13 am - OH
RNY on 05/14/12 with
 30 pounds is awesome .. im 6 weeks out and down 23 pounds since surgery and im so happy about that .. you should be very proud of your 30 and dont worry it will melt off just give it time. RELAX AND STAY OFF THE SCALE 

HW - 260    SW - 237    CW - 152    GW - 140                    

CindyKae64
on 6/25/12 3:52 am
RNY on 05/22/12
I will be 5 weeks out tomorrow, I only weigh on Monday mornings and between Monday 6/11 and Monday 6/18, the numbers on my scale did not change. Was I frustrated? Very much so, but I didn't believe it was a stall, because of all the posts I have read on here it seemed to be pretty normal. This morning I weighed and I am happy to report the scale moved once again, I was -3 lbs this morning. So the posters on here are correct that our bodies need to adjust to what is happening, we did just put our bodies through a major surgery and it must take time to adjust. I did notice though that during the week of no loss, I still seemed to be losing inches. Hang it there as others have said it will happen! I totally understand how you feel and I know it is very hard not to get frustrated, I know I was a bit frustrated. The next time my weight doesn't change from one week to the next I hope I can refrain from getting frustrated, but I am sure when the time comes, it will bother me just as it did the first time.

It will hurt. It will take time. It will require dedication. It will require willpower. It requires sacrifice. There will be temptation. But, I promise you, when you reach your goal, it's WORTH IT! (Author Unknown). I feel this sums up my ongoing journey to a healthier me!

JaneJetson
on 6/25/12 5:51 am
RNY on 05/07/12
 Our body has to catch up and I love the "alien baby" reference to the pouch!
Judi J.
on 6/25/12 5:55 am - MN
yes, most people stall about now. Lots of us wound up losing in a stairstep type progression if you were going to chart it. Hormones damn them. For me it would be nothing nothing nothing, whoomp. That is why weighing less often can help you mentally.

Stalls happen, your body is saying wtf. hang in there
Winnie_the_Pooh
on 6/25/12 9:27 am
This is very common.  Are there normal stalls?  Yes. When?  It depends each person is different.

Winnie

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 62 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 294 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 300 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 339 views