Stalling at 6 weeks

Joy B.
on 7/16/12 6:46 am - MD
RNY on 06/04/12
What am I doing wrong?

hedrider
on 7/16/12 6:50 am - Midlothian, TX
 Without know what you ARE doing, I'd be willing to be you are doing nothing wrong.  A large majority of us stalled at 6 weeks.  And again at 3 months, and again at 6 months... etc etc etc.  Stalls are part of the journey, accept them, get through them, and just follow your rules.
Heather
Since 2008 my team has raised over $42,000 to fight breast cancer.

Kallie
on 7/16/12 6:54 am - MN
Without any details, I can't say for sure, but it is normal I think for your body to think you've gone into "starvation mode" and stall out...for a short time. Don't worry, if you are following your surgeon's advice on what you should be doing, you will continue to lose weight. It won't take long to start losing weight again. Just hang in there.

Kallie
FaeryDragon
on 7/16/12 7:01 am
I'm right about the same point you are -- my surgery was less than a week before yours. I've been stuck for 2-3 weeks now. I'm just being patient. Between 'that time' of the month and a short course of prednisone for a different problem, I figure it's jus****er retention. Things will get moving again soon enough.

Not to say I don't wish they hadn't stopped moving at all! On the other hand, before surgery I typically gained 5-7 pounds around my period, so I'm trying to be grateful I'm staying even instead of going up.

Joy B.
on 7/16/12 7:20 am - MD
RNY on 06/04/12
I really think it might be stress.

I just relocated from DC to Philly. I actually have not weighed myself in a week. I am going to continue to go to the gym.

I can say that I have not GAINED.
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 302 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 348 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 306 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 303 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 75 views