Calcium Citrate with D

Amelia L.
on 7/23/12 4:20 am
RNY on 08/20/12
I'm having a hard time finding a chewable Calcium Citrate with D that is not extremely expensive.  Can anyone give me any ideas?  Bought 2 bottles of Caltrate and I don't think the are citrate? Not sure.  So new to all of this.

poet_kelly
on 7/23/12 4:27 am - OH
Caltrate is calcium carbonate and we can't absorb that.  Hopefully you can return it.

I don't know of any real cheap chewable calcium citrate.  Most stores don't carry it and you have to order it online.  Have you looked at Celebrate and Bariatric Advantage websites?

You might want to consider Upcal D.  It's a powdered calcium citrate and it's pretty affordable, I think something like $12 for 120 doses, which would last you four or five weeks.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Feralgirl
on 7/23/12 5:09 am - Canada
RNY on 06/29/12
There's a liquid I have called Wellesse, it's calcium citrate and D, also it's lactose and sugar free. It's tolerable (it tasted better pre-op to me, orange cream flavor), and not too pricy.
I think Walmart has it, I got mine at Costco.

RNY Date - June 29th 2012

Gall Bladder out Jan 17 2013

poet_kelly
on 7/23/12 5:15 am - OH
It is calcium citrate AND tricalcium phosphate. We can't absorb the tricalcium phosphate.  I'm not sure how you would know how much to take to get the 1500 to 2000 mg calcium CITRATE we need daily since the label doesn't indicate how much of the calcium in it is citrate.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Amelia L.
on 7/23/12 5:32 am
RNY on 08/20/12

Thanks for the responses Y'all.  I'll look at the Upcal.  Take care!

Strjen
on 7/23/12 8:18 am - Fargo, ND
RNY on 02/22/12
I use the Bariatric Advantage Chewy Bites. Love the raspberry & caramel.

https://www1.bariatricadvantage.com/catalog/list/2/Calcium

Highest weight : 315 lbs, Surgery weight: 298.5 lbs, Current weight: 183.5 lbs

GraceGirl
on 7/23/12 8:31 am
Love Celebrate calcium 500 cherry they are like big sweet tarts very good. Also use Bariatric advantage calcium chews caramel tastes like bit o honey candy, lemon raspberry like starbursts. very good.

"If you're interested in achieving success, you'll do what's convenient. When you are committed to success, you'll do whatever it takes."

LiciaLou
on 7/23/12 8:38 am - Central, FL
RNY on 08/29/12
I've pretty much given up on buying a chewable (it wasn't that important to me to begin with) since I don't like buying stuff online.

I got the Spring Valley Calcium Citrate w/D from Walmart. They have a bottle w/300 pills for $8.86.

Alicia ~ HW 307 ~ SW 287 ~ GW 135 ~ CW 160

christinalee
on 7/23/12 11:08 am - At Home in, NH

I'm over a year out and I still use chewables.  I've come to  like the taste of the multi and calcium chewables.  I like to end my meals with a nice tasting chewable.  Go figure!

I buy my calcium from Vitacost.  It's a calcium citrate plus D3 and magnesium.  It's 8.89 for 120 tablets (you need six a day).  They just had a buy one get one half price sale.  I've got calcium out the ying-yang now (and I'm not sure where the ying-yang is, but I've got me some calcium set aside).

Like I said, I like my chewables, and Vitacost is the most reasonable price I've found.

Here's the webpage:  http://www.vitacost.com/vitacost-calcium-citrate-with-vitami n-d3-magnesium

"Just keep swimming." ~ Dorrie

Pam T.
on 7/23/12 12:11 pm - Saginaw, MI
 As Kelly mentioned already - UpCalD is a great option. I use it when I can mix it into something else I'm already having (like a protein shake). I also like the chewable Bariatric Advantage ones already mentioned. Because I get bored easily I use those two options plus generic Citrate pills... so I've got 3 different calciums to choose from each day depending on my mood. 

I have a list of calcium recommendations on my blog if you want to take a look at lots of options
http://pamtremble.blogspot.com/2010/02/calcium-again.html 

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

Most Active
Recent Topics