very dizzy

DannyBoyDVG
on 7/31/12 9:39 am - AR
 if i stand up or bend over then back up my face gets really hot and i get super dizzy/light headed sometimes feeling like im going to pass out. its been going on the past month or so any ideas? ( im 6 months out and it happened from the day i came home after surgery for about 2 months but its worse now than it was then )

hedrider
on 7/31/12 9:46 am - Midlothian, TX
 Are you hydrating adequately and do you know what your blood pressure is?

It sounds like orthostatic hypertension since it comes on with postition changes.  That's usually tied to dehydration.

Personally, I would increase my fluid.

But you should absolutely talk to your doctor about it and see what he recommends.
Heather
Since 2008 my team has raised over $42,000 to fight breast cancer.

carol.grangel
on 7/31/12 2:57 pm - East Rochester, NY
I had that for over a year - my body was 63 pounds more for 35 years, and my balance was used to that. I had to break town & get a quad cane to avoid this. I even fell going up the stairs, getting 9 stitches, a broken elbow that had to be replaced, and a broken wrist - what a disaster! Don't give up, and check the BP!
fatfreemama
on 7/31/12 9:47 am - San Jose, CA
Are you on blood pressure meds? Have you checked your blood pressure? Maybe it's going too low. I was dizzy the first couple of weeks, then stopped my meds and started using salt more and it went away.

Also, how's your water intake. Could be dehydration
Bay to Breakers 12K May 15, 2011 (1:54:40)           First 5K 5/23/11 (41:22)
Half Marathons: Napa:  7/18/10  (4:11:21)   7/17/11 (3:30:58)   7/15/12  (3:13:11.5) 

SJ Rock and Roll: 10/2/10 (3:58:22)  Run Surf City: 2/6/11 (3:19:54) 
                         Diva: 5/6/12 (3:35:00) 
HW/SW/CW  349/326/176
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Albert Einstein

Leanne43
on 7/31/12 10:09 am - , Canada
RNY on 06/04/12
make an appointment with your doctor!!!!

Dave Chambers
on 7/31/12 10:30 am - Mira Loma, CA

At 6 mo. post op, you should have hydration issues worked out, and be off of any bp meds you doctor feels you no longer need.  You need to see your PCP and find a resolution. I began having issues at 5 months post op, when I'd lost around 75 pounds.  I could be sitting or standing when I had dizzy of fainting issues, and it was happening on a random basis. I could be calm sitting at my computer answer email, and have the issue. I could be standing having a pleasant conversation with someone in a store and have an episode. I had 2 Holter Monitor tests with my PCP, and then on Event Monitor Test. I had documented pulse rates of 38 and 45 on visits to my PCP.  If it actually happened very shortly after release from the hospital, I'd have mentioned it to your surgeon or PCP long before now.  I finally got a referral to a cardio doc. One more Holter Monitor Test and I had a diagnosis. I needed a pacemaker. 4 days later it was implanted. Cardio doc said I had a low bp on a normal basis. But if my bp became elevated it would occasionally "dip" below my normal low bp reading, and that's when I either became severely dizzy or actually passed out.  See your doctor, and let them every detail you can remember, this isn't normal by any means.  I sought a resolution to my issue within 2 weeks of noting the issue.  Don't wait any longer, it may be more serious than you think. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

poet_kelly
on 7/31/12 10:45 am - OH
Are you getting enough fluids? Enough protein?

Are you on blood pressure meds?  If so, you may need those adjusted.

How's your iron level?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

johnsmom9983
on 7/31/12 12:18 pm
Wow Dave, those were some seriously low heart rates. Yes I too do occasionally have issues with orthostatic hypotension. For me it seems to be related to dehydration and when I cheat and have too much coffee for the day. But it could also be something more complicated then that and I also would suggest you talk to your doctor about it.
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 341 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 373 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 338 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 257 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 106 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?