6 weeks out, 1lb/week...?!?! Wtf??

lovelygirl01
on 8/2/12 5:20 am
RNY on 06/18/12
 Hey guys. Just want some advice before makin a call to my dr's office. 
I am 6 weeks out.... And losing 1lb/week if that! Is that normal?!?! I feel like my boy is not goig to lose anymore, and it sucks.... Very discouraged!

Here are my stats:
Surgery date: 6/18

Pre op weight: 229lbs
Surgery weight: 215lbs
Today weight: 186-188lbs.

Any advice would be very muh appreciated!
Ps: i walk 4-5x a wk, drink plenty of water, eat as I'm supposed, and take my vitamins....

Hillery82211
on 8/2/12 5:34 am - New Carrollton, MD
RNY on 08/22/11 with
yes its normal.  you didn't weight that much to begin with (unless you are like under 5 feet tall).  The less you weight (in relation to your height/build) the slower you lose the weight.  Just breath.  You will continue to loose and get to goal.
HW & SW: 363     Surgery date: 8/22/11    
lovelygirl01
on 8/2/12 5:37 am
RNY on 06/18/12
 Its just scary.... Bc it feels like my body jst stopped all together.... 
MikesJulie
on 8/2/12 5:46 am - MA
RNY on 02/07/12
i think most of us felt the same way in the beginning..  I thought this RNY didnt work on me and I use to get upset.  It takes time for your body and your system to adjust to not eating like you used to that it thinks it is in starvation mode (from what im told).  Just follow your program from the surgeon and I promise you will lose.

Keep you chin up and be patient...it will happen

Julie
 (HW) 246 (Pre op weight loss) 9lbs (Surgery weight) 237  (1mo) 19lbs
chatterpam
on 8/2/12 5:44 am, edited 8/2/12 5:46 am - PA
Are you following your dietary guidelines? Are you not drinking with your meals? Are you drinking enough water and are you getting enough protein? Those were the questions they asked me when my weight loss stopped. I was not getting enough protein and I wsn't drinking enough water/fluids. Once I got back to the required amounts the weight loss started up again.

My first month I lost a total of 7 pounds.

cajungirl
on 8/2/12 5:48 am
You're considered a light weight, you may very well lose slower than someone that has more to lose.  I wouldn't stress about it right now; you are still very new post-op and are doing very well with less than 50 lbs needed to lose at this point.

Breathe, relax

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

poet_kelly
on 8/2/12 5:52 am - OH
maybe my math is wrong.  But if you weighed 215 on surgery day and now weight 188, that means you've lost 27 pounds.  That averages out to 4.5 pounds per week, not one pound per week.  And yeah, 4.5 pounds is normal.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

lovelygirl01
on 8/2/12 6:06 am
RNY on 06/18/12
 Hi kelly, i didn't look at it that way.... I guess you're right! I lost most the first weeks and frnthe past 3-3 weeks its been 1 lb a week
poet_kelly
on 8/2/12 6:07 am - OH
You gotta look at the big picture.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

MissLisaD
on 8/2/12 6:21 am - CA
RNY on 05/31/12
Yes, girly.....I have a hard time looking at the big picture too! I am at week 9 today, and since surgery I've lost  about 30-31 pounds. So, it's OK....I think we are both right on target.  We aren't going to lose the exact same amount every single week, but we are GOING TO GET THERE!!

HW: (265 in 2007) Consult weight: 247 SW: 221 CW:151.8 GW:140     

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 331 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 329 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 324 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 15 replies · 161 views