This is AWESOME!

Kat Kat
on 8/2/12 9:52 am - AZ

I was grocery shopping a few months back and came across this AWESOME product I'd like to recommend, "Coco Lites"! It's a Whole Wheat sort of tortilla looking item that is approx 6" across and 1/8" thick and crispy. They're lighter than a rice cake and much less dense.  I usually slather peanut butter and  a sugar free preserves on mine. Recently my sister told me to put one topped with sliced cheese in the microwave for about 10 - 15 seconds. It softened up a little and was like like a less greasy grilled cheese sandwich. It was really great and filling! I've topped them with cream cheese and salsa. I've been planning on more and more ways to use these, like topping with ham, tuna, chicken salad, but I think my next recipe will be sliced provolone, topped with a little pre-warmed spaghetti sauce with thin sliced meatballs.

The other great things about them are:
They keep well in my office with a jar of peanut butter, so I never have to worry about going hungry when I work late.
They're great for travel.
They are quick and easy to use. 
The nutritional stats are awesome!

They're made from Whole Wheat, Wheat, Brown Rice, and White Corn flours with Water, Sea Salt and Olive Oil (As a Processing Aid, 0.2%) Contain Gluten
Cal: 15
Fat 0
Sodium 5 mg
Carbs 4 g
Fiber 1g
Sugar 0 
Protein 1g

I've gotten mine from Whole Foods, and Wegmans as well as seen them on Amazon. They cost under $3 for 15 in a package. I suspect they can be found under different names, and in different stores depending on where you live.

Whole Foods often has a machine that makes them working in their store which is pretty cool. I'm adding a link from another store that was on You-tube, so you can see the process, and results. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=hNpEF5 engy4

These are definitly a WINNER in my opinion!

Whole Wheat Flavor: Coco Multigrain Pop Cakes, 12 Bags, 16 Calorie Per Piece, 0 Weigh****cher Point, Promotion/ Event, Free Shipping, Only $35.99

GraceGirl
on 8/2/12 2:14 pm
thanks for sharing. Will have to check them out.

"If you're interested in achieving success, you'll do what's convenient. When you are committed to success, you'll do whatever it takes."

Kat Kat
on 8/2/12 7:36 pm - AZ
Hi Grace,

I rarely eat refined carbs because when I do, I'm hungry all day, and these never do that to me. They are a great replacement to me for bread, crackers and tortilla shells. I like them so much that I knew I had to share them with my OH family members. I hope you like them as much as I do.

Kat