MENTAL

aisha8
on 8/4/12 5:11 am
NO im not crazy! lol but i am having a hard time with my emotional eating I havent been on here since january. I am 100pds down with 45pds to til my goal 145. I am currently 185-187 but had to meet with my therapist because physically my body has changed drastically but my mind still feels like that "fat" girl unfortuantely that is something that cant be done, lol wish they had a surgery for your dang brain that would help you catch up to your body and deal with the emotionally eating...that btw i have made myself sick trying to eat certain things when i am upset....i learned my lesson with that quickly that my pouch is not having it....thats why i am going to talk to someone about this "mental" thing ugggh

It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.
kmsbanr
on 8/4/12 7:41 am - CT
RNY on 04/10/12
There is a good article at The gastric Bypass Family site about emotions and types of eaters. I think most of us have had issues with this at one time or another. That was one of my fears I told psych at my consult. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to do this and would still eat to comfort myself. You are very brave for posting how you feel.
nfarris79
on 8/4/12 10:04 am - Germantown, MD
 I can feel your pain - literally! Sometimes harm prevention can be an important tactic - when you're emotional, KEEP AWAY FROM FOOD! Distract yourself, journal, whatever you gotta do, but just don't go into the "danger zone" (aka - the kitchen). It's awesome that you're stepping up with therapy. Sometimes the hard-earned progress is the most meaningful.

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 8/4/12 9:31 pm
Hey, girl! 

Long time no see.  Did you know there is a second support group each month run by Dr. Perkins.   It is the second Wednesday every month.  5:30 to about 7,  But you can come in late.  It's a smaller group and we talk about things exactly like that... the emotional side.  Its held at the same place as the regular support meetings.  I usually go but I might miss the one this Wednesday because my mom just died and not sure what will be going on with the family Wednesday night.  I will be there if I can.

Winnie

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 285 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 289 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 330 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 283 views