Hot Protein

Sherrie P.
on 8/10/12 8:44 pm
RNY on 02/06/13
I really prefer hot to cold, usually. We will see after surgery.
I saw that Unjury has a hot protein chicken soup.
Do any of you use this?
Any other hot liquid protein/soup recommendations?

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/10/12 9:05 pm - OH
I am 5 years out and I still occasionally have the Unjury chicken soup protein, and I still mix protein powder into SF hot chocolate most mornings at work.  You an also add unflavored protein powder to soups.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

alwaysbrandi
on 8/10/12 10:00 pm - NY
RNY on 07/03/12
They gave me some SF Protein Hot Chocolate when I was in the hospital, it was so good. I plan on buying some when the colder months get here.

HW : 320 - SW : 284 - Surgeon's GW : 169 - My GW : 140

Dave Chambers
on 8/11/12 7:35 am - Mira Loma, CA
I've not used Unjury chicken soup, but:  typically most protein powders will "clump" when subjected to temps over 130 degrees or so.  I've made protein coffee and added unflavored whey isolate protein to hot foods under this routine:  prepare hot food--mix amount of protein desired in 1-1 1/2 oz of water--add this "creamer protein" mixture to hot food and stir in. This provides the protien punch you want without the protein clumps you do not want.  I mix my oatmeal this way on many winter mornings.  I use a generic unflavored whey isolate protein, noted on my profile page. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

poet_kelly
on 8/11/12 7:56 am - OH
On August 11, 2012 at 3:44 AM Pacific Time, Sherrie P. wrote:
I really prefer hot to cold, usually. We will see after surgery.
I saw that Unjury has a hot protein chicken soup.
Do any of you use this?
Any other hot liquid protein/soup recommendations?
You can add protein powder to any hot drink.  The way I do it is to mix a scoop of protein powder with a couple ounces room temp liquid and stir to make a paste, then stir that paste into my hot drink.  That keeps the protein from clumping up.  If you put protein powder right into a hot liquid, it usually clumps up and is nasty.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

kidnamedtoad
on 8/11/12 10:40 pm
What good advice!  I just got some chix broth to try.
Toad         Starting weight: 249 Day of surgery wt: 217  GW: 109 CW 149                                                                    
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 169 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 250 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 303 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 262 views