Need shake help please

Amelia L.
on 8/11/12 8:14 am
RNY on 08/20/12
I'm in pre-op liquid diet and they said to do 2 sugar free shakes a day.  Any ideas?  I'm having a heck of a time finding any.

(deactivated member)
on 8/11/12 8:52 am
I use One frozen Bannana half
I scoop of Vanilla Raw Protien ( garden of Life) ( this has no sugar)
And blend it in a Glass of Almond chocolate milk its very low sugar Or vanilla or plain this will give you Protien and energy to keep going straong before your surgery
Look for Garden of life products online at any natural health store

Stay away from sugarfree thats aspartame ( ant poision)
Good Luck!!
Diminishing Dawn
on 8/11/12 9:02 am - Windsor, Canada
 I think you really should ask them for clarification on this.  I am assuming they want you low carb to shrink your liver so add Ons like bananas and berries may be off the table.  Are they talking NSA or sugar free.   There is a difference.   I would call them and ask what criteria they want.   There are many good protein shakes that are proper form (isolate) for after surgery too but they have low sugar.  Often they are made wih milk products do they have some sugar although Small Amounts like 1-2 grams.  

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Amelia L.
on 8/11/12 9:30 am
RNY on 08/20/12
Thanks y'all.  Was able to get in touch with nut.  I'm good now.  I appreicate the help.

mpjones
on 8/11/12 1:18 pm
Ok, so what's the answer-lol ?? Sugar free--no sugar adeed?? What did they tell you to use?? I'm pre-op too so this might be useful to me as well as other pre-ops.  Thanks
Amelia L.
on 8/11/12 3:34 pm
RNY on 08/20/12
No sugar added but my paperwork said sugar free. I must have been daydreaming when they said to add a note beside it for no sugar added. I actually got EAS Avantedge Carb Control which has no sugar.  She said that was ok.  Or, Isopure, Slimfast, Optifast any under 5 grams of sugar added.  Good luck!!!

TamaraL
on 8/12/12 7:45 am
please call your surgeon and clarify this or look at your paperwork.  most protien supplements are whey or milk based and milk has sugar in it.  Mose protien shakes will have low sugar but not surgar free. 

I was told to do low carb shakes for 2 weeks pre op!!!

Tamara

Amelia L.
on 8/12/12 1:18 pm
RNY on 08/20/12
Hey Tamara!  Thanks for the response.  I did get in touch with them and it was my misunderstanding.  All is good now.  I was freaking out slightly but now have myself back in semi-control LOL.  Thanks again...take care

Most Active
Recent Topics