Warm Beverages Help My Hungries! What Helps Yours?

chatterpam
on 8/14/12 1:46 pm - PA
I thought I would share this because it is something I've done for the past 6 to 8 months now and it works really great for helping keep my hungries at bay until my next meal.  I drink a warm (well I like mine hot so that I can take just little sips at a time) beverages between meals.  Like right now I am having a large mug o' decaf coffee with a drop of almond flavor in it and it is so satisfying.  I also use chicken broth, SF hot chocolate, hot tea, etc.

I don't know whether the warmness puffs things up in there and make me feel like I've eaten or what, but it will buy me about an hour after I fini****  My tummy makes all kinds of strange sounds though... LOL

If you have any tips that help you, let us know!

Kim S.
on 8/14/12 1:59 pm - Helena, AL
Me too.  I sip hot green tea (unsweetened) or black coffee-it really helps.

(deactivated member)
on 8/14/12 2:05 pm
This explains it!!!!!!! I always wondered why my RNY friends drink tea like it is going out of style! I mean, I know I am in England, but even so they all drink mass amounts of tea, lol Guess I should stock up then! lol
Melyssa S.
on 8/14/12 2:25 pm - Lauderhill, FL
RNY on 06/12/12
 Me too! It is the best way for me to get my fluids in also. Anything cold I have trouble with. 
HW 247 SW 224 GW 140                  
Winners never quit and quitters never win. Vince Lombardi

Cleopatra_Nik
on 8/14/12 2:26 pm - Baltimore, MD
Not all warm beverages. But coffee 100% yes. Appetite killer. Which is why it's often an afternoon "snack" for me.
chatterpam
on 8/14/12 2:41 pm - PA
Me too!  I love treating myself to a skinny caramel latte from time to time... total yum!
Cleopatra_Nik
on 8/14/12 8:03 pm - Baltimore, MD
 See for me just coffee is enough. A little creamer and sweetener. 

I don't tend to do lattes as the caloric value = a snack. And I have this thing about snacks. I like them to be food! LOL.

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

Cherokeesage
on 8/14/12 2:47 pm
RNY on 02/24/12
I'll remember this when I start having hunger pains agains.  I've not been hungry since surgery at this point but hear it usually doesn't last.

Banded  Oct 2008:  290       
RNY Feb 2012:        245    
Dr's set goal:            170 reached Oct 11, 2012
My goal:                     160  reached Dec 1, 2012
Today :                       145-150

I am half the person I was in 2008.

(deactivated member)
on 8/14/12 2:55 pm
a few weeks ago on extreme makeover weight loss edition one of the tips they gave was that cold water quenches your thirst but warm water helps to keep you full and stays in your stomach longer. I never looked it up but it stuck in my head because I never heard it before.
(deactivated member)
on 8/14/12 3:04 pm
I never really got my old appetite back and still have to remind myself to eat (except breakfast, I always wake up starving). But I am the queen of tea. I have one whole cabinet in my house dedicated to tea and the pretty tea accessories (estate sales have amazing tea sets sometimes) and I have a digital tea kettle that's like operating a dvd player. My future MIL and I share in this addiction and so we're always exchanging new teas and finding antique tea pots or whatever for each other.

I remember back when my addiction was cake, candy, and anything fried. I like this one better.