Down 53 lbs since Aug 1st

Amelia L.
on 8/23/12 7:42 am
RNY on 08/20/12
I came home from hospital last night.  Made it!!  I really had alot of pain on Monday and Tuesday but am managing very well now with just childrens motrin twice since yesterday morning.  I have lost 53 pounds since Aug 1st!  Amazing!  Still cant believe it's happened and I'm on the road to a healthier life.  Just really wanted to share that I'm so THANKFUL for this tool and for all the advise I've gotten on OH.  It will be a long journey for me but I'm ready.
Have a great day ya'll!  Amelia

BWB
on 8/23/12 7:46 am
That's a very good start. Stay the course and don't get discouraged when your weight loss slows a bit. Slow and steady will give you lots of time to change your past habits and see a long and good future.

LadyOnna
on 8/23/12 10:43 am - IL
Hi Amelia.....
Congrats to you on your *beginning*...I am 6 days shy of 1 yr out. I am down 174 pounds and I too thought I had a long journey ahead...but I was wrong...Think of it as a lifetime journey made of continual change and learning new things about yourself.  It is a wonderful wonderful journey that I do not mind being a lifetime course.  If you look at it this way...isnt this what life is anyway....always changing??  LOL....Anyway, stay on track...follow protocol and dive on into your new life.....this is only the beginning!!!  Good Luck!!!
JoDonna
Amelia L.
on 8/23/12 12:50 pm
RNY on 08/20/12
Thanks ya'll.  It very overwhelming to think about.  I'm just thankful!
Missy A.
on 8/23/12 1:06 pm - NC
RNY on 08/17/12
Welcome home! Glad things are going well for you.

Missy

Missy

HW:348 Consult W:320 SW:295 Current W:156 GW:140

moet321
on 8/23/12 2:09 pm
Congrats Ameila!! I am glad you made it home and you sound great. I hope and pray for your speedy recovery and transition to the next stage. Way to go hun
 Small changes today will impact the results I receive tomorrow...Taking this journey one day at a time ;) Moët 

Surgery Date 9/12/2012         
brenlee1965
on 8/23/12 3:20 pm - New Berlin, NY
Congrats on the surgery and welcome home! Wow,fifty-three pounds is alot of weight to lose pre-surgery (congrats)and I too am looking forward to being "post-surgery and on a road to a healthier life"
 Bren                
GraceGirl
on 8/23/12 6:05 pm
Isnt Motrin an NSAID??

"If you're interested in achieving success, you'll do what's convenient. When you are committed to success, you'll do whatever it takes."

Amelia L.
on 8/23/12 6:07 pm
RNY on 08/20/12
I'm not sure but it's what they gave me in the hospital and what they told me to take at home?  I don't really know..

GraceGirl
on 8/23/12 6:16 pm
I just looked it up...it is an NSAID. I cant imagine why they would give you this.....We can not takes this class of medication.
http://www.rxlist.com/ibuprofen-drug.htm

"If you're interested in achieving success, you'll do what's convenient. When you are committed to success, you'll do whatever it takes."

Most Active
Recent Topics