Where were you 3 months post op?

ChorizaNicole
on 9/5/12 12:37 pm - CA
RNY on 06/20/12
Well my three month Post Op appointment is coming up as of 10SEP12 my actual 3 month mark will be 20SEP12.

Call me a worry wart, but I feel like I may behind what i should have lost by now. pre op the day of surgery i was 249.5 lbs, i did not weigh until about a week after post op. I am down now to 219.5, yet I feel that i should have lost more, or am i looking to far into the future? I know everyone looses differently and each persons body is not the same I just would like some insight.

LibraState
on 9/5/12 12:52 pm - York, PA
Your doing great! I know we all want the weight to just be gone but it didnt just get there overnight and even with our tool it will still take time to come off. Keep on your plan and dont worry you are definately normal and doing great!

(deactivated member)
on 9/5/12 12:54 pm
Based on your ticker that says you have another 75lbs to lose, it seems you're on track. You're losing about 10lbs a month on average, and at this rate, you'll be at goal in 7 months. Factor in reality whi*****ludes plateaus and stalls and you're probably looking at 9 months, realistically.

If you're following the rules and exercising, I think you'll probably be just fine.
ChorizaNicole
on 9/5/12 1:00 pm - CA
RNY on 06/20/12
Thank you all, I have this general nurse who i have to check in with and update and at times she makes me feel like crap. The last time she said no something is wrong if you are following our plan as we tell you to, and working out you should have lost far more. I was like jesus woman what do you want me to do purge after every meal!? maybe she just is not a happy person she has has a number of complaints. I stopped going to groups because of her as well.

(deactivated member)
on 9/5/12 3:13 pm
Well, that sucks you have to check in with her and avoid groups because of her. What a shame. This woman doesn't possess your body, and therefore can't say for certain what your body is going to do. Your surgeon can't even predict it. But think about it, when was the last time you lost 10lbs a month? I'm betting never! :) 

You have an 18 month window of optimal weight loss from the time of surgery, so that means for you there's 15 months left. There's no reason you can't lose 75lbs in 15 months with RNY. Gee whiz. She needs to back off.

You can continue to lose even after that (which is why I said OPTIMAL weight loss) it just gets a little harder. In my experience weight loss is still alot easier now than pre-op.
artroxy blue
on 9/5/12 1:03 pm - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 It looks like you lost almost 40lbs. pre-op, and the additional 30 since surgery. That's great! :)
Vivian Prouty
on 9/5/12 1:05 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 PLEASE don't compare your weight loss to that of others....we all have different body's and we lose weight differently.   I know it is VERY hard to do but it can discourage you and sometimes even cause you to stray from what you should be doing....in the long run the only thing that matters is the scale moving downward and even on those times when you hit a stall...don't get discouraged...it is those times that your body is adjusting to the loss and then you will be losing inches.    Hang in there and stay on track with your surgeon's instructions for your journey and you will do fine.   Congrats on the WLS and your weight loss !!!!

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Bebhihn
on 9/5/12 1:07 pm - IA
I seriously do not understand why people like that choose to work in the medical field.  I thought the goal was to help people, not make them feel like crap when they are vulnerable.  I could go on a rant about mean people in the medical field....

You are doing just fine! 

Have people commented that you look like you've lost more than you have?  I tend to obsess about the scale, and I know it, and I feel like I should be down more sizes, but really, the fact that my sleep apnea and my high blood pressure are gone and my self-esteem and confidence is up is the biggest gift. 
Just When The Caterpillar Thought The World Was Over, She Became A Butterfly. 

--Proverb

ChorizaNicole
on 9/5/12 1:20 pm - CA
RNY on 06/20/12
I think i do indeed obsess over the actual numbers, and I feel as though when i look in the mirror i dont see much change, but i know a lot of that is mental. as a young teen i struggled with an eating disorder and even when obviously very small i still saw myself very large. I get comments daily, on how small i have gotten none of my clothes fit anymore even my shoes are to big so i know the loss is there i suppose it really is the numbers that i am looking at.

Linda K.
on 9/5/12 1:54 pm
RNY on 08/01/12
My surgeon would say you are a lightweight and 1lb a week is a good job.
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 345 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 218 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 375 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 340 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 270 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?