Getting a little frustrated..

tutugirlie
on 9/19/12 10:46 pm - CA
I am 3 weeks out as of yesterday and I haven't been able to stomach much of anything.. everything is making me soo nauseated.  Plain water hurts,  actually the only thing that doesn't is hot tea.  I found some Isopure bottles at GNC and they have been a lifesaver.

I ended up back in the ER last weekend with some dehydration and an inflammed colon?  Is that normal?  The Dr said it's from a bacteria overgrowth from the antibiotics they give you during and after surgery??

And will the tummy gurggles ever go away??  I just want to feel normal again.
daphneb
on 9/19/12 11:11 pm - AK
 Hang in there, I know how you feel!  Not long ago I was in the same boat, minus the hospital part.  I got severely dehydrated and sat down and made myself crystal light and kept drinking it until ii got about 32oz. down.  A good suggestion one of my fellow friends from my surgery group told me was to maybe drink your water lukewarm instead of cold.  I know it helped me a bit.  I am just now (at 8wks) able to drink water at any temperature, so it'll come.  Get some sugar-free popsicles too, they are easy to take and help with your fluid intake.  I know I was up to 3/day where you are and I know it helped too.  The nausea is probably caused because of the dehydration.  It is super common to experience that in the first few weeks as we go through recovery.

The gurgles are still happening to me, I just laugh now.  It's your new stomach's way of telling you, "Hey, what's that?" and that it sees if it likes it.  I have found since going on semi and solid foods that the challenge lies more so there.  Somedays I can eat things, the next day I'l have the same thing again and it doesn't agree with me.  Its part of the process, so I'm told.

Eat refried beans, they really helped me alot too.  They have pinto refried beans at Taco Bell, and you can get the cheese on them too...great protein.

Good luck!!!!  Hang in there, it will get better.  I promise. 

SoCaPinkLady
on 9/20/12 5:32 am - CA
RNY on 06/11/12
Yes!!! Hang in there, it will all get better as you recover from surgery. I don't notice the gurggles anymore!!!! Food stays down better, it's been ahile since I lost what I ate immediately and I don't feel icky after I eat anymore.

Lori                               

Mary Catherine
on 9/20/12 7:33 am
 It all gets better every day.  You will come to a point where you feel normal again, just a lot smaller and a lot less hungry.  Which is how normal people feel.  
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 351 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 238 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 342 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 271 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 110 views
Recent Topics