Has anyone ever dumped from FRUIT?TMI possibly

ChorizaNicole
on 9/22/12 10:04 am - CA
RNY on 06/20/12
This was my first horrible experience post Op.
Yesterday morning I attempted to eat about 1/4 beef which did not sit well I vomited shortly after eating, so i drank water and tea for about four hours and then felt very very hungry. As I am now in my final stage I wanted to try some fruit as I am allowed to consume them fully now.

I went for a half of Kiwi sliced in 4ths 4 green grapes and 2 very small slices of cheese.  This was a very delayed reaction as i had consumed those things around 1130A, yet around 1330 I began to feel sharp pain in my lower stomach, and then very dizzy extremely hot and sweating loads, then becoming freezing cold. I then began dry heeving as if my body wanted to vomit  which hurt so bad as nothing came out then comes the diarrhea, i get extremely hot again to the point where i have to derobe and lay down on the cold floor as i felt i would pass out i then used the rest room again, layed down and went to sleep for 30-45mins and this scene happend about 3 times, and then i was fine. I drank water the rest of the day.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/22/12 10:09 am - OH
 Most people don't dump from fruit, but some do.  The symptoms you describe are usually the symptoms of early dumping, NOT late dumping, though... So it sounds like perhaps something you ate just didn't agree with you rather than it being dumping.  Dumping bery rarely involves pain or vomiting.   Grape skins bother some people and Kiwi has kind of a high acid content...

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

ChorizaNicole
on 9/22/12 10:19 am - CA
RNY on 06/20/12
Thank you Laura I was so scared it was teh worst feeling ever, The pain at first i thought was gas, but then it just got worse and worse. The advice nurse  told me to take my carafate and let it run its course

Dave Chambers
on 9/22/12 11:23 am - Mira Loma, CA

It's too early for beef for most post ops.  And with the fruit, you need to stick to low sugar fruit. Kiwi has fairly large sugar content, while grapes have high sugar content accofrding to a nutrion sheet I just looked at.  Look it up for yourself. Natural sugars can cause some post ops to dump. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

wendydettmer
on 9/22/12 11:57 am - Rochester, NY
 really?  beef was on my soft food stage, i did fine with it.  i haven't had it in months but i did start eating it at like 8 weeks out

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11  

Dave Chambers
on 9/22/12 2:10 pm - Mira Loma, CA

I was speaking of roasts, steaks--denser cuts of beef. Ground beef in something like Wendy's Chili is usually tolerated.  Beef and pork are the hardest proteins to tolerate for most post ops.  Ground beef is less dense and likely easier to digest for most post ops. I can do ground fine most days, but steaks still give me issues.  Whenever I eat steak or roast meet or pork roast, I always end up taking some papaya enzyme to help digest these denser meats. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

wendydettmer
on 9/22/12 5:48 pm - Rochester, NY
 ah i see.  i never got that far as i went vegetarian  before then.  i used to cook my own ground beef and mix it with a bit of sour cream.  tasty.  

thanks for clarryfying!

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11  

(deactivated member)
on 9/22/12 1:50 pm - WA
RNY on 08/21/12
That sounds like an awful experience! I haven't tried beef yet since I'm only 4 1/2 weeks out. I have had good luck with rasberries, blackberries and strawberries. I also had some of a nectarine but made sure not to eat the peel at all. Hope things get better!
lillypond...
on 9/22/12 2:30 pm
I am 2 years out and I still cannot eat bananas ( I dump) and Beef like roast beef upsets my pouch-- Hope you feel better
H.A.L.A B.
on 9/22/12 4:34 pm
 I dump on some fruits and some just give me reactive hypoglycemi - low blood sugars 1_2 hrs after eating. I had to give up most fruits. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 341 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 373 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 338 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 263 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 140 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?