Finally have a date! Scared/Excited

clpower
on 10/1/12 11:01 am - Pearland, TX
I got the call we all have waited for at one time or another “your insurance has approved your WLS". 

My date is 10/22/12 (thank you GOD)!  I will be very honest; I am excited and scared all at the same time. I am a single mom of a 13 year old boy, and my biggest fear is dying from this surgery and not coming back home to my son. Realistically I know that the risk of dying from this surgery is less than 1%.  I am having this surgery because my health just keeps getting worse the older I get. I am 5ft nothing and 240 pounds. That is a lot for this little frame.  I would like to ask for prayers and well wishes. I joined OH 8/17/12 and have only posted a couple of times and really could use the support.  I start my two week pre-op liquid diet next Monday, wish me well.
lish249
on 10/1/12 11:10 am - OH
RNY on 03/12/12
Congrats on the date!  My comment to you about dying on the table....you have a higher risk of dying ( 9%) than if you don't have the surgery. I have no doubt that you will be fine and will be so thankful that you made this decision. I am so very happy for you and glad you made this choice!! Congrats.

If you need support this truly is the place for it. Everyone is so wonderful and help. There is no topic that you can't write about and get a helpful response.

I wish you all the best and we are all here for you :) welcome to OH 

Terry60
on 10/1/12 11:10 am - MA
That's exciting best of luck. My surgery will be sometime this month also. I will know on Wednesday.
Knowknews
on 10/1/12 11:15 am - OH
Good news! Prayers are on the way.  I'm still waiting for a date.  Keep in touch everyday.  Tell me how you do on the liquid diet.  I know what you mean about your health, mine too keeps getting worse.  Remember why you decided to start this journey.  I'm sure your son is so very proud of you remember he needs you healthy and that's what you're doing. 

Best wishes. Les
Jewelsstevens
on 10/1/12 11:20 am, edited 10/1/12 11:41 am - Crandall, TX
RNY on 09/18/12
I understand your fear. I am 2 weeks post op and am feeling great. I made ths decision for the same reason as you!

clpower
on 10/1/12 11:26 am - Pearland, TX
Thank you all for responding.  It means a lot to know I am not alone.  I figure the next three weeks will be emotional ones.  I plan to just hang on for the ride. 
missmeka02
on 10/1/12 11:52 am - AL
 Congrats!!!! I had the same fear of dying, but everything has been wonderful post op so far. I'm praying for you girlie!!!!

Bellaluna468
on 10/1/12 12:20 pm
RNY on 10/26/12
 Hi!  We are very similar...I'm 5' also...246.  And our surgeries are a day apart, 10/23/12

I have the same fear and excitement as we'll.   I often wonder if I'm doing the right thing.  I ache going up and down the stairs...and look in the mirror and don't see any way around it.

We can do this!

mpjones
on 10/2/12 4:22 am
Congrats on getting a date !! I'm on the 9Th day of my 2 week pre-surgery liquid diet and really I'm NOT hungry at all--did go through a couple of days of God awful headaches but it was probably my body detoxing from all the caffeine I drank just days before starting it. GOOD LUCK on your upcoming journey !!
Most Active
Recent Topics