Newbie/surgery date 10/23

waiting_2_xhale
on 10/3/12 12:29 am - TX
Good Morning,

My name is Rita...I'm new to OH and I have been checking out the site for about a 2 weeks. I started this process back in July 2012 but got cold feet. I got back on track in September 2012. I just received word today that my surgery will be on Oct 23. I 'm both happy and sad,confused,elated and mad. I'm happy that I have a surgery date but the sad part is that my husband will be leaving for Afghanistan on 10/24. I will have some support via my daughter,my mom and dad  and long time friends will be coming to be with me during this time. This site has been very helpful to me and I appreciate all the information that I have received from Oh forum.
Rita

I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me Thank you Lord for giving me another day to live ♥. Another day to worship & praise you!
No Weapon formed against you shall prosper,And every tongue which rises against you in judgment ...You shall condemn...  
justinplex
on 10/3/12 12:43 am - Kilgore, TX
 Getting mine done 10/15, so excited! Congrats on your upcoming surgery.
 Justin T. Johnson                            
CindyKae64
on 10/3/12 12:53 am
RNY on 05/22/12
Welcome! And Congrats to you both, you will soon be on the loser's bench!

It will hurt. It will take time. It will require dedication. It will require willpower. It requires sacrifice. There will be temptation. But, I promise you, when you reach your goal, it's WORTH IT! (Author Unknown). I feel this sums up my ongoing journey to a healthier me!

TammyH968
on 10/3/12 1:08 am - Wichita Falls, TX
Sounds like you will have a good support team.  But nothing beats having your husband with you.  Just think when he gets back you will be a whole new person.  It will be a nice surprise for him.  My husband is retired Air Force so I know how hard deployments can be.  Just keep your head up and we will be praying for a speedy return for your husband.  Keep us posted with your progress.

StephWantsToSki
on 10/3/12 2:42 am - CO
RNY on 09/28/12 with
 Rita,
Congrats on your surgery date!  I echo the comment that nothing beats having your partner in life with you!  However, I have had surgery with my mother and daughter for support and it was nearly as good.

My fears when I went in were that I would have complications as I did a revision from a gastric sleeve.  So far, no complications.  I am taking no pain pills 6 days out and managed to walk 2 miles this morning.  I think there are far more surgeries that go just as expected than not, so prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

My advice would be to focus on what you have control over.  Your hubby's deployment is not under your control.  Do make sure you follow your pre-op diet EXACTLY and get plenty of exercise before surgery.  Take your vitamins and find a stress relief (like hot baths, yoga, meditation, etc) BEFORE surgery.  Go into surgery as healthy as you possibly can be.

If things get tough, drop me an email and I'll be happy to talk to you as much as you need to calm your nerves.  

Hugs, Steph
waiting_2_xhale
on 10/3/12 6:54 am - TX
Thanks everyone for your words of encouragement and support.
Rita

I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me Thank you Lord for giving me another day to live ♥. Another day to worship & praise you!
No Weapon formed against you shall prosper,And every tongue which rises against you in judgment ...You shall condemn...  
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 199 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 256 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 304 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 265 views