I'm home from the hospital

anewbeginning2012
on 10/3/12 6:06 am - IN
RNY on 10/01/12
 And things went well. I am sore, but not too bad. they were able to do it laperscopically with 6 incisions. I was able to tolerate what they gave me...but the popcicles and jello seemed awful sweet. Now for fending off the gas pains- and bloating from surgery. My body aches, but not as much as I expected. Thanks for everyones well wishes.
 Kris        
Annie_Anaba
on 10/3/12 6:11 am
RNY on 08/27/12
Congrats! You will feel better soon I promise. When people told me that I didnt believe them, lol. I am 5 weeks out and I do feel better.

anewbeginning2012
on 10/3/12 6:18 am - IN
RNY on 10/01/12
 Thanks Annie. I really do feel better than I thought I would. I just wish this dang gas would get out of my body. 
 Kris        
Kay L.
on 10/3/12 6:36 am - N., AL
Walking will help work the gas out. Glad you are safely home and welcome to the other side!!
BugdocMom
on 10/3/12 7:03 am - CA
Congratulations, Kris! Definitely do some walking around the house or even around the block when you are up to it. It'll help with that gas. I found that sitting straight up in a straight backed chair after the walk helped "move" the gas out-- to the horror of my kids;)
AlohaJen
on 10/3/12 11:21 am
RNY on 09/05/12
Kris, so glad it went well for you!  The gas pains do go away faster if you can walk and get up as often as you feel like it....  Make sure your popsicles and jello are sugar free... they really help me with getting in all my liquids.  I am 4 weeks post-op today.  I guess it took about a week before I noticed I wasn't having the gas pains anymore.  Each day will get better, so happy for you. Welcome to the Loser's Bench ! 

HW 304   SW 258  CW 199  GW  160?

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 365 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 284 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 233 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 309 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 100 views