2 hours before my journey begins (pre-op liquid diet)

clpower
on 10/6/12 1:26 pm - Pearland, TX
I am so excited/nervous/scared!  I officially start my journey at midnight tonight.  10/7/12 is the beginning of my two week pre-op liquid diet.  Went shopping today for my broth, SF popsicles and SF Jello.  I have to drink five protein shakes a day and three SF liquid snakes (jello/popsicles) a day for the next 14 days.

I am excited to start my new jorney and my new life style.  The thought of coming off at least 1/2 my medications is so exciting.  I also can't wait to see what my neck looks like - lol.  I kid a lot about the fat girl that has been protecting the skinny girl my entire life.  It's time for the skinny (me) girl to come out and enjoy life.  

Wish me luck! 
devalissh
on 10/6/12 1:29 pm - TX
Congrats, just keep the target in mind and remember this is temporary and you will get back to somewhat normal life sooner than you know.
Bellaluna468
on 10/6/12 1:29 pm
RNY on 10/26/12
 You will do great!   I wish you all the best!

Debbie C.
on 10/6/12 10:04 pm - Bradford, MA
RNY on 10/10/12
Congratulations! I am on day 11 of my liquid diet, my surgery is Wednesday. I can honestly say that it has not been as bad as I thought. I REALLY stressed about the 2 week diet. I did find that chewing sugarfree gum seemed to help in those moments of hunger.

Good luck, keep that positive attitude and I know you will do well!
clpower
on 10/6/12 10:58 pm - Pearland, TX
Thank you all for responding.  I will keep a lot of gum on hand.  lol
Bettyboop77
on 10/6/12 11:31 pm
RNY on 10/22/12
Good luck to you and I know you can do it. You are not alone, because I too start my 2 week pre-op diet on 10/8 and my surgery is scheduled for 10/22.. We can make it, and remember that we are going to come out as WINNERS!!
Most Active
Recent Topics