OT--Need good mojo vibes for job hunt!!

Amy D.
on 10/16/12 12:57 am - VA
RNY on 03/13/12
Hey my WLS cohorts! I am trying to find a "real" job and it's been so long since I've done that, I've forgotten how hard it is! I currently work from home typing medical transcription but that is a dying field and, quite frankly, I'm kinda wanting some human interaction in my day. This is a weird place for me to be since I do what I do so that I can avoid other people, and I completely blame my weight loss for my change of heart!

So, if you could send some positive thoughts my way, I'd appreciate it. It's a tough time to be finding a job but I have applied for a few that I am quite qualified for--they just need to realize how awesome I am and call me!

Feel free to shout out any job hunting tips, interview tips, and how to act in public tips you may have. And beware: if I do get an interview, I'm going to be posting about how I have nothing to wear!! I have 3 dresses, 3 pairs of jeans, and a ton of yoga pants that I can currently wear. None of these things are job appropriate, lol! But we'll cross that bridge when we get there!

Thanks for the good feelings and have a happy Tuesday!!

HW: 272 lbs. (BMI 49.7)     SW: 237 lbs. (BMI 43.3)    GW: 140 lbs. (BMI 25.6)   
CindyKae64
on 10/16/12 1:25 am
RNY on 05/22/12
Sending positive thoughts your way!!! I am looking for positive thoughts myself (see my post) as I have recently applied for a job within my current company that would be a great career advancement!

It will hurt. It will take time. It will require dedication. It will require willpower. It requires sacrifice. There will be temptation. But, I promise you, when you reach your goal, it's WORTH IT! (Author Unknown). I feel this sums up my ongoing journey to a healthier me!

SoCaPinkLady
on 10/16/12 3:54 am - CA
RNY on 06/11/12
Will be praying for you as well. I had a job interview yesterday and am hoping to hear something positive in the next day or two.

Lori                               

Amy D.
on 10/16/12 5:02 am - VA
RNY on 03/13/12
Thanks, ladies! I hope we all hear what we want very soon!

HW: 272 lbs. (BMI 49.7)     SW: 237 lbs. (BMI 43.3)    GW: 140 lbs. (BMI 25.6)   
Lisa T.
on 10/16/12 6:32 am - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 06/07/12
Good luck!  I just started a new job last week after learning my company was closing our local operation.  It was surprising how quickly I found an alternative.  Check out consignment shops for affordable seperates that can be combined to create the "interview suit".  Also if you time it right, sometimes you can clean up at a retailer if you apply for their in-store credit card.  I did that at NY & Co then turned around and paid the balance before leaving the store.  I ended up saving more than I spent. 

LinkedIn and Indeed are great places to find job postings in your area. 

Height 4'11"  HW:  235  SW:  230  GW:  130   RNY 6/7/12   

scarlettbegonias
on 10/16/12 2:49 pm - Australia
RNY on 10/19/12
 Good luck Hun, I hope you find something you enjoy quickly!!

Band placed April '08 four years of hell-Band removed may '12~Non VSG July 26 '12. All went to hell~RNY on the 19th october '12~Leak & infection 26th october '12 ~infection 24th November '12, 2 weeks hospital~infection 25th dec '12 4 days ~30/5/13 hernia repair 4 days~hw120/sw/115/gw/58kg

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 70 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 296 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 302 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 342 views