I have my surgery date - November 12!

Haleyknits
on 10/22/12 5:40 am - NC
RNY on 11/12/12
I am excited to say that I have my surgery scheduled for November 12th!  I feel like it has all gone so fast, because I only started seriously contemplating this surgery on October 1st.

For years I have been working (sometimes harder than others) to lose the weight without WLS.  My mom and my cousin both had very successful mini-bypass surgery over 10 years ago and both have kept the weight off - so I knew that WLS worked.  But I really really really felt like I was a personal failure for not being able to lose it and keep it off myself - I never judged other folks that way, but I certainly self-judged.

So I have come a long way in a short time in terms of how I view this surgery as it relates to me.  It has helped immensely to have several co-workers that have gone through the surgery in recent years - one spoke the fears/judgment I was feeling about myself and it was SUCH a relief to know that I wasn't the only one who felt this way. Then she told me to get over it, didn't I think I would have lost it already if I could just do this "on my own"? - and I love her for it! 

All that being said, I am getting into therapy with someone who specializes in WLS/eating disorders just to make sure that any demons that raise their heads are dealt with effectively and with minimal collateral damage.

I have no co-morbidities and my BMI is right around 41, so I expect an uncomplicated surgery.  Still, I am going to get my living will and durable health care power of attorney updated (my 1st husband is still named in those documents - don't want to give HIM the power to pull the plug - LOL). 

I would love to hear from anyone else that is having surgery around this same time!

Haley
ktattwu
on 10/22/12 6:07 am - Vancouver, WA
RNY on 11/07/12
Hello!  I too have my surgery date scheduled... November 7th!  I am eager and anxious just like you!  As I was reading your post, it was as if I was reading one of my own (except the whole ex-husband)  and I am thankful I found this group.  Good luck in the next few weeks!  We will both be success stories before you know it!
Haleyknits
on 10/22/12 6:20 am - NC
RNY on 11/12/12
Wonderful!  I hope it all goes smoothly for you!  Do you have to do any pre-op regimine?  My surgeon says I don't have to do liquids before the surgery, but I am trying to see what I like/don't like pre-surgery so I am not starting from square one right after WLS.
kzvtiki06
on 10/22/12 7:37 am - San Juan, TX
CONGRATS!

Im also scheduled to have my surgery on Thursday, November 8th....  for all of us. I wish you all the best.  We are all gonna be Hot Chicks...

I have to start my liquid diet this coming weekend and ive been sick for the past 5 days. I havent been eating right and I really dont feel very good. I guess time will tell how i am.

Good Luck!

Mary Escalona
ninab
on 10/22/12 10:53 am
HELLO MY NAME IS NINA I TOO IM HAVING MY SURGERY IN NOV THE 5TH AND IM READY BUT GOT ALL KINDS OF FEELING BUT I KNOW GOD IS IN CONTROL AND YOU WILL BE JUST FINE! SAY A PRAYER AND YOU WILL BE JUST FINE! PRAYING  FOR ALL!
Scoobydoo061423
on 10/22/12 11:25 am - OH
RNY on 11/12/12 with
 We have the same surgery date!! But i'm in ohio lol I wish you luck

Reach for the moon, if you fail at least you will lay among the stars.

lumina99
on 10/22/12 1:37 pm - ME
 YAY!!! You will all do great, I have no doubt!!
Most Active
Recent Topics