Back in the hospital after RNY

DaDivaDSTnee
on 10/27/12 2:13 am - TN
RNY on 10/08/12
Well as the title suggests I'm back in the hospital...I went to the emergency room for some stomach pressure n they kept me for mild pancreatitus, umbilical hernia, n a UTI...I'm sad n I'm regretting my initial decision to even have the surgery...this is so much more than I bargained for n I'm slipping into a depression...I don't know how to deal with all this scary stuff...
Friendlybyte
on 10/27/12 2:17 am - Greeley, CO
RNY on 08/28/12

Hang in there, I know it's scary but you are in the right place to get the help that you need... Soon you will be on the road to recovery!  Just rest and focus on healing thoughts... yes

Get well soon!!  Keep us posted!!

Ready2012
on 10/27/12 2:39 am - Atlanta , GA

I fully understand how you feel! I was in the hospital for a week after surgery. Only to return two weeks later with an infection in my feeding tube. Then my wound would not close so I was out of work for almost two months. I am telling you all of this to say now I am doing GREAT . I don't have any pain and I am off off all my medications I took before RNY. I have lost almost 80 pounds. Keep your head up you will get better. You will feel so much better in a short time from now. I also had regrets but I a sure you it was all worth it.

Heidi T.
on 10/27/12 2:49 am
RNY on 01/31/12

Best wishes you are in my thoughts and prayers, and most likely in a year you will turn around and say that you are so happy that you had the surgery even with the little bumps in the road. Right now they may seem huge but in the scheme of your happiness I think that in time and with some distance you will think of them as just part of the journey. Good luck, best wishes

rny 1/30/12              
On 1/30/12 I begain my new healthier life, it is not easy, but day by day I will reach my goals.                
DaDivaDSTnee
on 10/27/12 4:10 am - TN
RNY on 10/08/12
Thanks everyone! Now um fighting with the doctors and staff bcuz they wont give me a sugar free tray and im constantly telling them I cant have sugar and I cant take pills, yet they keep ignoring me...I spoke to my surgeon n he said that Im doing the right thing and jst eat the soups and drink the water...I gave them his number but they wont call him...I jst pray I get better so I can get out of here
sknd34
on 10/27/12 4:30 am - West Fargo, ND

I was in a different hospital after my RNY for a while due to a small perforation after a dialation.  I refused to do any tests or scans until they called my surgeon. After they said they talked to him, I proceeded to call his office and follow up on it.  The hospital I was in also knew better than to lie to me because I also work there!!

Original weight 285. Lowest weight 210. Revision weight 249. Size 24W
Current weight 210 as of February 23, 2012!!!
Current size 16-18 as of February 25, 2012!!!
walterswife
on 10/27/12 9:03 am

I'll never understand why hospitals with Bariatric units can't do a better job with menus and meals. Hang in there. I battled pancreatitis twice about 18 months post op.  I finally had my gall bladder removed. What a difference. 

Hang in there it will get better.  A few months from now this will be a distant memory. 

HW 240/ SW 229/ GW 146/CW 125; OH Support Group Leader   

Starting size:  18W-20;  Present size: 0 or 2; 5'5-1/2" tall. 
Current BMI 20.4 as of 2/13/2013 (normal for the first time in my life).
Goal weight reached on 8/12/2010; As of 1/13/2013, 21 pounds below goal

scarlettbegonias
on 10/27/12 1:45 pm - Australia
RNY on 10/19/12
Hang in there hun I'm in the same boat back in hospital after 4 days home, I'm in for a small leak,as overwhelming as it is right now I'm sure once we both get back on our feet and start losing we'll look back and see these bumps along the way as minor- at the moment though its hard and I get that!! Stick to you're guns with your menu, that's crap that they won't listen to you with everything going on.
I hope you have a speedy recovery

Band placed April '08 four years of hell-Band removed may '12~Non VSG July 26 '12. All went to hell~RNY on the 19th october '12~Leak & infection 26th october '12 ~infection 24th November '12, 2 weeks hospital~infection 25th dec '12 4 days ~30/5/13 hernia repair 4 days~hw120/sw/115/gw/58kg

Pittsteelers
on 10/27/12 2:30 pm - PA
RNY on 08/06/12
Oh do I know how you feel!!!! 12 days after my RNY I ended up back in the hospital and had to have a second surgery. It was not fun at all!!!! I was really mad at myself for doing this to myself. Hated myself. But trust me it will get better. I am almost 3 months out and love my RNY!!!! Good luck and get better soon.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 365 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 284 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 229 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 309 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 8 replies · 54 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?