Got Home Tue afternoon from RNY

clpower
on 10/27/12 12:43 am - Pearland, TX

Hi All,

I would like to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers.  My surgery was text book, no problems (10/22/12).  I've been home for a few days and doing good so far.  Just taking it easy.  First few days were really sore, hard to get up and down.  I was able to sleep in my bed for the first night last night (THANK GOD). 

Harder then I thought it would be to get liquids in, I'm being very careful not to over do it since I am so scared to get nausea.  I've only been able to get in about 20grams of protein in a day so far (not pushing it just yet), just trying to stay hydrated.  I see my doc next Wed (1 week follow up)  which is when I assume I will start more protein and vitamins. 

Again - Thank You All!

Terry60
on 10/27/12 12:48 am - MA

Happy to hear everything went well. I had my surgery on Tuesday. I have had no problems either except that my blood sugars are staying too high. Not sore at all and feeling good. Best wishes on your journey.

Ann M.
on 10/27/12 12:51 am - Salisbury, NC
VSG on 11/21/12

I am so glad to hear this. I don't know you, but my surgery is the 7th, I fly to Las Vegas, NV from NC for it because of SS Disability. I am scared. So excited to hear yours went great. please friend me so we can keep up with each other - if you don't mind!

Sheila W.
on 10/27/12 1:29 am

Congrats on a successful surgery... My surgery was 10-19 and was also textbook.  I did place a call to my NUT regarding fluid and protein as my first follow-up isn't for 1 month.  It was reassuring to know that I could get all my protein and fluids in by just drinking 60oz of skim milk a day.  I know that seems crazy but the first few days that is what I did.  I have progressed to SF applesauce, pudding, and jello.  My savior has been Chocolate premier drinks (I get them from Costco)  they have 30g protein and I split them in half and mix 5oz skim milk with each have so I get 40g with just two 8.5oz drinks.  There has been discussion regarding the protein absorption issue but my NUT states to only eat 20g of protein at a time so that is what I'm doing.  I bought three tubs of Unjury and opened the unflavored one and hate it.  I mixed it with applesauce and cottage cheese and it was so grose that I haven't even opened the chocolate or chicken flavored one.  I do like the bariwise pineapple and rasb/lem flavored drinks they are 15 protein each.  Good luck to you and whatever you do keep the BM's moving... Miralax has been a life saver and don't hesitate to use, don't wait to long between BM's this coming from someone with a sore bottom because she did.. :-)

Listen closely: the only time it's too late to change yourself is when you're dead. Until then, you're simply making excuses or lying to yourself. HW 350 SW 324  SD10/19/12

lisxav
on 10/27/12 2:17 am - Canada

i cannot believe what you can have i had my surgery the 19th as well for the first 2 weeks all that i can have is juice jello and chicken broth and then get 8 cups of water in on top.  i feel like i could float away and all the sugar is hell on my teeth.

honeybee7878
on 10/27/12 2:13 am

Hi

I also had my surgery on the 22nd of October. I stayed in the hospital until Friday. Now i'm home and i feel great. I think it's important to tell pre opers how it feels. I had my op at 8.00am and when i was awake and back in my room it felt like an elephant was sitting on me! The next day i felt better and the physio took me for a walk in the ward. However, the next day i felt awful again, i was in so much pain and discomfort. After that i was fine again. I want people who are going to have the op to know that you will have good days and bad days post op.

It is now 6 days after my surgery and i feel much better! When i was in pain i just thought of myself in size 6/8 jeans, and i knew it was worth it!!!

Heidi T.
on 10/27/12 2:53 am
RNY on 01/31/12

Sounds like you are doing great, thanks for the update, please keep us posted!

rny 1/30/12              
On 1/30/12 I begain my new healthier life, it is not easy, but day by day I will reach my goals.                
Most Active
Recent Topics