Surgery Tomorrow (11/5)

onpurpose
on 11/4/12 10:52 am - Brandywine, MD
RNY on 11/05/12 with

Well....11 more hours to a new life. I don't know how I feel. I'm not necessarily "scared".....nor am I "excited"....I'm actually kinda "blah"....

Those that know the words of prayer, say a little one (or a big one) for me :) I think my biggest worry surgery going well. My next biggest is healing properly. Next I'm worried about throwing up all the time. Next I'm worried about loosing too much weight. Next, excess skin.... 

I've been getting past all of those worries by keeping focused on the positive ways this surgery will impact my life, and remembering why I chose to have it in the first place. I want to live. I want to be free of HBP, high cholesterol, diabetes, joint pain, sleep apnea.....

I've been on OH for a few months now and have been reading a lot of posts....some good, some bad, some testimonies, and some flat out horror stories, which is likely why I feel the way I do now... unsure of what to expect. Everyone is made differently, so I realize diffrent results are to be expected. I guess I just didn't realize the degree to which they differed.

Well....I digress. Hopefully all of you reading this are doing well and will continue to do well. And for those of you not well, I hope that you get better and remain optimistic.

Those who cared enough to read through all of this (and maybe even respond) please visit my blog and add me as your friend, I'd love to have you! 

The race is on!         

Jennifk
on 11/4/12 11:07 am - Fort Worth, TX
RNY on 12/05/12

I'm with you on not knowing whether to be worried or excited, scared or happy.  I'm scheduled for December and I go back and forth on all these emotions.  I think the bottom line is that we are about to make a major change to our lives and our bodies.  It will encompass both good and bad.  We'll be challenged and thrilled, sick and hyped. We're gonna get through it, a little battered but better than ever. 

GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!!!!!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
onpurpose
on 11/4/12 11:12 am - Brandywine, MD
RNY on 11/05/12 with

That was super-encouraging Jenn...thanks!!!!!

cajungirl
on 11/4/12 11:18 am
Best wishes please update when you can.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

onpurpose
on 11/4/12 11:24 am - Brandywine, MD
RNY on 11/05/12 with

Thanks!! Will do ;)

Michelle P.
on 11/4/12 11:19 am
RNY on 10/25/12

Good luck tomorrow! You will do just fine and I prayed for you. Keep us informed on how your doing when you get out of the hospital. Good luck with your new journey I'm sure I will see ya some where along the way. Blessings to you dear one

onpurpose
on 11/4/12 11:24 am - Brandywine, MD
RNY on 11/05/12 with

Thanks a million for your prayers and well wishes Michelle. I will certainly keep you guys posted! 

Lisa C.
on 11/4/12 11:47 am - NC

Hello.  I wish you all the best and sending my prayers and thoughts for a smooth surgery and swift recovery. :) 

Highest Weight 284 lbs.  Pre-Op 274.4   Surgery 11-14-12  RNYGB by Dr. Philip A. Omotosho at Duke Center for Metabolic & Weight Loss Surgery

jhnallington
on 11/4/12 12:53 pm - Elmira, NY
RNY on 10/29/12
Good luck in morning. The worst part is the wait.. mine was last week and with exception of gas pain I really don't feel different. Let us know how you do.
(deactivated member)
on 11/4/12 5:50 pm
RNY on 08/31/12

Good luck to you! May you notice results quickly. I recall how easy it was to open and close my hands only 2 days after surgery! I had so much water retention and some arthritis that that was the first thing I noticed. Of course, after that it was the weight and being able to move easier. Post again and let us know the first few positive things you experience.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 255 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 269 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 272 views