We Can HELP, Hurricane Sandy People Need Our Old Clothes

Kat Kat
on 11/3/12 5:30 am - AZ

Hi All,

I just read this article on the Huff Post  

Link Here>  (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/03/chris-christie-orde rs-gas_n_2068787.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Chp-laptop%7Cdl1%7Cs ec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D229613#1315_a-desperate-plea-for-winter-cl othes-)

The folks stricken by  Hurricane Sandy need help with clothing especially since a 2nd storm is headed their way and the temperatures continue to drop. Since so many of us go though clothes quickly, we might be able to help them out. I pasted the article which has the Address below.

Kat

15 PM – TodayA Desperate Plea For Winter Clothes

The owners of New Jersey's NJ Skateshop are desperately trying to collect winter clothes for neighbors without heat and members of their community who were left homeless by Hurricane Sandy, as a Nor'easter is forecast to hit the stricken area next week.

Co-owner Chris Nieratko reports two of the shop's four stores have electricity and have been stocked with power strips to allow residents to charge their phones and "pretend things were normal if only for a while." But many are ill-equipped to handle the incoming storm, he writes, and are already struggling: "Seeing your children cold and hungry is a feeling I never want any of you to experience."

Nieratko is asking for shipments of any winter clothing to the store's New Brunswick location, from which they will distribute to people in need: 

I have no TV so I don't know what you're hearing on the news, but let me tell you, it's bad. Very bad..we've opened to the door to anyone with children. For days we ran generators sparingly because there was no gas...

There's another storm coming. Temperatures are dropping. Things are getting colder and even scarier. I am writing to you to ask for your help in clothing the displaced, homeless, under-dressed skaters in our community and their families...If you have anything warm (socks, sweatshirts, jackets, beanies, gloves, shoes, tees, ANYTHING) doesn't matter if it's 5 seasons ago...there are many in need from very young to very big XXL. Anything you can spare to help people stay warm will be appreciated.

Please send whatever you're able to (and there's no box too small) to our New Brunswick shop:

NJ TWO 29-B Easton Ave

New Brunswick, NJ 08901

Label the box HURRICANE RELIEF

nfarris79
on 11/3/12 9:54 am - Germantown, MD

Thanks for the post! I'm gonna go thru some clothes & send them out ASAP

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.