undiagnosed right sided pain upper abdomen. suggestions?

terilynn112
on 11/21/12 10:10 am - maryland, NY
I've had this pain in my upper side of my stomach on the right side. Think Gallbladder area. I have no gallbladder. Gone more than 15 yrs. They've checked the common duct for stones. The only small thing they see is several kidney stones, and they're all small and in the kidney... not where they'd be causing this pain. They increased my narcotics (for my back and another chronic pain syndrome), and told me to give it another 3 weeks. Then I should consider an exploratory lap to look at my abdomen. I'm tired of living like this.

Here is my fear, I have a history of 2 surgeries now to fix hernias. One just fixed multiple hernias. The second was a panni removal and they found more hernias so they fixed them too. Two weeks later, my 6 yr old disabled son rolled off the sofa. I caught him. Hurt like the dickens. I mentioned it to my P Surgeon. The pain has been there on and off. Well about 2 weeks ago, I fell, and hurt my stomach again. This time the pain has been steady. And is growing in intensity. I've had blood work, all but my b12 is good. I've gotta go in for a shot Monday.

I've recently been told (Monday) that the hernias I've had are an intersusseption, and 2 internal, and the other was a "traditional bowel through the stomach muscles one". The ct scan was without contrast.

So anyone got any ideas?

Teri
Lapbanded 9-16-08 revision from Lapband to RNY on January 11, 2011
HW 273/ 1st surgery 243/Lapband removed 260/ Current 172/ Goal weight 169

Allison P.
on 11/21/12 10:33 am - Santa Cruz, CA

If it correlates to the time you caught your son, and the probability, is nothing severe hurt it, I would see how it responds to time and keep talking to your md. Sometimes I use a combination of heat and cold on muscle pain and that helps. Good luck!

ChristineB
on 11/21/12 9:01 pm - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL

Sounds like it could be adhesions. I just went through exploratory lap surgery for adhesions. I had so many adhesions from surgeries dating back to '91 that they had to stop the surgery at 4 hours due to the threat of blood clots which I have had in the past. NOW, cleaning up the adhesions is no guarantee that they will not come back but it will help. I had 2 partial bowel obstructions due to the adhesions so it was necessary to go in and clean them up or the next obstruction could have lead to a burst bowel.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

dawnie55
on 11/22/12 4:09 pm - Garden Grove, CA

It could b your Pancreas i went to the ER last saturday for having real bad pains on my right side

i dont have my gallbladder anymore.but my pancreas was inflammed  and swallon

emt_amy
on 11/24/12 2:10 am - MN
sounds like me. drs wont do anything for me.
i actually want them to to do an exploratory lap but they wont.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 365 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 284 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 218 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 306 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 129 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?