I have a drinking problem........

BamaBelleAmy70
on 11/25/12 10:32 am
RNY on 10/24/12

Hi!

No.... I am not an alcoholic. I have never liked or drank alcoholic drinks at all but I do have a drinking problem. I struggle everyday getting the right amount or enough of fluid down. I have never been one to drink all day just mainly at meals. Everything I drank before surgery like Crystal Light, Powerade Zero, water, etc I just can't stand. Nothing tastes good and everything tastes too dang sweet. Ironically...I can drink splenda decaf tea but that is all. I am 4 weeks and 4 days post op and down 36 pounds so far.

Does anyone have any suggestions on different things to drink?  I am not drinking enough and I don't want to become dehydrated.

Thanks,

Amy   

LadyAnastacia
on 11/25/12 10:42 am
RNY on 11/06/12

I've been drinking the Ocean Spray Diet juices.  They have Cranberry, Cranberry-Pomegranate, Blueberry, Blueberry-Pomegranate, Cranberry-Blueberry.   All very tasty to me.

shawna W.
on 11/25/12 1:48 pm
RNY on 07/26/13

my all time favorite of those is cran-grape :)

HW: 358 SW: 316   

Candy V.
on 11/25/12 10:54 am - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

I like hot mint tea with splenda, propel flavored water and Syntrax lemon tea.  The lemon tea I put one scoop in 10 oz water and shake in a mixer bottle then add ice cubes.  It is too sweet with less water.  congratulations on the 36#s that is great!!

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

manda2108
on 11/25/12 11:05 am

I enjoy the Mio brand water add ins...you squirt the amount that you like so you can control the amount of flavor. My personal favorite is the lemonade. 

vivking48
on 11/25/12 11:12 am - MN
RNY on 08/01/12

I have the same problem with drinking almost 4 months out.  I used to drink 2-20 ounce bottles of water before noon but since RNY I can't drink it cold at all no matter what I mix with it.  I drink the oceanspray diet juices - they are pretty tasty. I can drink some hot drinks such as tea and coffee and the unjury chicken soup is pretty good.  I still don't get all my liquids in.

Highh        

65rosesmom
on 11/25/12 11:43 am

I'm there too.  I was a big water drinker before surgery and cannot stomach it anymore.  I can ONLY handle crystal light peach ice tea...or hot drinks.  I so want to like something else, but everything just turns my stomach.

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

Wrapdiva
on 11/25/12 12:22 pm - Auburn Hills, MI
RNY on 11/05/12
Sugar free hot cocoa has been my saving grace. I mix it with 1 cup skim milk & it helps me get my protein in. (you can add additional protein powder if you wish, I just can't seem to stomach it with more protein powder) Another thing I just recently found is the Vitamin water Zero. They have tons of flavors & are sweetened with Stevia, not Splenda (which most diet drinks use & it doesn't settle with me well) It also has a few extra vitamins, which is a plus!

"In order to ACHIEVE something different, you need to DO something different"

(deactivated member)
on 11/25/12 4:40 pm
RNY on 08/31/12

I dilute all sugar free drinks with twice as much water as they call off plus I sometimes add something in the pitcher to make it interesting. Today I have a pineapple core just floating in the pitcher and it makes a nice flavor. I have added some homemade tea like raspberry/green tea to a berry crystal light and that was good. Can't drink any sugar free stuff straight.

Carol S.
on 11/25/12 4:46 pm - Milwaukee, WI

http://macrobiotic.about.com/od/drinksandsmoothies/r/vitaminwaters.htm

Try this.  We put all kinds of fruits in our water.  We don't put any sweetener in them-ever and they are deliscious.  Play around with them to find a combo that does well with your stomach.  Ginger can definitely help nausea.  

Carol

SW/276 CW 150 GW 185

9 Years out.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 219 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 258 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 306 views
What's on your Monday Menu?