I guess this could be a NSV

CindyKae64
on 11/29/12 5:21 am
RNY on 05/22/12

I received some very disappointing news in regards to my career path, even though I have worked hard to advance my education in order to help advance my career, I am at this time not going to be able to move up to the next step within my current company. I have to say I have been emotionally drained from beating myself up over it and the kicker is I didn't even find out in an official capacity, the rumor mill felt the need to inform me before anything was announced officially (still haven't gotten an official word). Anyway the part that I believe would count as an NSV is the fact that I didn't turn to food for comfort, in fact I seemed to do just the opposite I stayed away from it, I did finally drink a protein drink late last night, and this morning, but right now I just cannot stomach food right now. Don't get me wrong I know that not eating is not a good thing to do either, which is why I made myself at least get some protein in. I know in a day or so I will be back to normal, but right now I am just concentrating on getting protein and water in.

On another note I have my 6 month check up in the morning, so stayed tuned I will post how that goes.

It will hurt. It will take time. It will require dedication. It will require willpower. It requires sacrifice. There will be temptation. But, I promise you, when you reach your goal, it's WORTH IT! (Author Unknown). I feel this sums up my ongoing journey to a healthier me!

Skinnygirlme
on 11/29/12 5:25 am - UT
RNY on 09/05/12

I'm sorry about the disappointment, but a HUGE congratulations for not turning to food for comfort!!! Things will work out. Don't get discouraged. :)

I believe in me...the best is yet to be!                        
SoCaPinkLady
on 11/29/12 6:32 am - CA
RNY on 06/11/12

((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))  I am sorry you wont be advancing at this time. It sucks when you don't find out the answers in the Nice Traditional way it's supposed to be done. I'm thrilled that you did not turn to food, you are growing and taking a big stand for yourself!!!

Lori                               

(deactivated member)
on 11/29/12 6:32 am
RNY on 08/31/12

How disappointing. Maybe someday you will have another opportunity and things will go better. Doesn't help with the situation now but might happen. Pat yourself on the back for not over eating! We're here to support each other.

Sherry T.
on 11/29/12 10:04 am - GA
RNY on 05/22/12
Hey Surgery buddy!!

So sorry to hear about your job situation and your right hearing it from the grapevine totally sucks! Being in a new job myself, its absolutely a NSV. I've been battling my emotions for a month now and its so hard not to eat poorly.

Can't wait to hear about your checkup! Mine is not till 12/13. Would like to be down some more since this month has been slowwwww.

As I always say, kill them with kindness and then no one can talk negatively. Your time is coming!!

(((Hugs)))))
Sherry
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 219 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 258 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 306 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 266 views