NSV X 2 and Down 41 pounds in 6 1/2 Weeks!

BamaBelleAmy70
on 12/9/12 12:49 am
RNY on 10/24/12

Hi!

I still can't believe it myself. I am down 41 pounds and will probably reach my goal of 50 by Christmas. 

I have been up and down, sick as a dog, dealt with buyers remorse, and wondered what in the **** was I thinking for having this surgery. But now ( even though there have been problems and complications) I am SO SO SO glad I had the surgery. I don't crave junk anymore and eat to live NOT live to eat. I am just NOT hungry! To be honest....I hate food and have to make myself eat. I am sure everyone here as lost on every diet out there only to gain it back and more. How disappointing and frustrating is that? This RNY was and is a tool for your lifestyle change. I can eat bascially what I want just not high sugar and fried foods and eat healthy...high protein low carb foods. And of course less food too! I am learing to try new things and make the right choices. The threat of being violently ill some what takes care of the temptation of choosing poorly. I am so glad that I didn't listen to the nay sayers and did this FOR ME and my health. Desperate times call for desperate measures. 

For my NSVs.....I am able to look down and see my feet without having to look over my tummy. I haven't been able to do that for years. I can also walk 2 miles a day and not feel winded. It makes me feel better like an euphoria of such. I exercise and NOT eat! I am still working on the fluid and the protein intake but I am gradually getting better.

The biggest NSV is my sweet daughter. I went through **** to have her. Fours years of infertility and 4 miscarriages...so she is my miracle. I want only the best for her and my son. She is 11 years old and has a weight problem too. But since I have been eating healthier and taking care of myself, she has seen the weight loss and is making smart choices and losing weight too. Even her teachers have noticed. She is walking with me and eating less and healthier! I have to set a good example for her. I couldn't say don't eat this or that and then do it myself. That is hypocritical. She now sees me doing what I need to do and she is following my lead. That is such a blessing! I don't want her to struggle with her weight. I never did until the **** I went through with trying to have kids. I want better for her.

Thanks for listeing to my rambling on and on! This message board has been such a blessing. Thank you all for your support! broken heart

Amy

SoCaPinkLady
on 12/9/12 1:30 am - CA
RNY on 06/11/12

Awesome!!!  It is a great bonding moment to share walking with your children. I like the chats we have when one of mine goes with me.

Lori                               

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 268 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 280 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 322 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 279 views