NSV-The things my hubby says!

CindyKae64
on 12/14/12 12:41 am
RNY on 05/22/12

We were driving home last night from helping our son move and he got to talking about my journey and how proud he is of me for taking this step to get healthy as well as the progress I have made, then he says "you get sexier everyday!" Now I don't know about sexy, but I love that my hubby thinks so. A couple of nights ago he had me stop so he could take a pic of me with his cell phone, I asked what that was all about and he said "look at you!". I am so thankful for the supportive family I have!

It will hurt. It will take time. It will require dedication. It will require willpower. It requires sacrifice. There will be temptation. But, I promise you, when you reach your goal, it's WORTH IT! (Author Unknown). I feel this sums up my ongoing journey to a healthier me!

SoCaPinkLady
on 12/14/12 12:42 am - CA
RNY on 06/11/12

Very sweet.. and a very wise man!!!

Lori                               

LaToya N.
on 12/14/12 12:46 am - MD
RNY on 11/19/12

That is wonderful!  I'm only 3 1/2 weeks out and I feel like my husband and I have grown closer in that short amount of time.  It's nice that your husband recognizes the courage it took to have surgery and also acknowledges your progress.  

Amanda M.
on 12/14/12 1:03 am
RNY on 01/18/13
Sounds like you have a very attentive and supportive husband! I can only hope mine will be so insightful

Lori F.
on 12/14/12 1:15 am - St. Clair Shores, MI
RNY on 12/27/12

Awww- so sweet!

Follow me @ www.bariatrickitchen.com  My Progress, Recipes and Things I learn along the way
HW: 375   ​SW: 342  GW:  140  HT: 5'7"  

thynnlynn
on 12/14/12 2:43 am - MI

How wonderful!  I have absolutely no family support at all.  I think it has to do with the fact that a girl that worked with my husband had the same surgery and died in the OR.  Most likely it was anesthesia-related and he knows they have to remove this skipped lap band, but as far as support, nada.  I have to get it all online.  I am sure I will be fine.

Blessings,   Lynn    

Band to RnY - 3/13/13

Oxford Comma Hag
on 12/14/12 3:41 am

Thynnlynn, your family might come around after surgery. My DH wasn't all in. He never openly said so, but I could tell he had some doubts.  But now, he is extremely supportive. It kind of surprised me.

take care

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

happygrandma
on 12/14/12 8:52 am - Highland, MI
RNY on 12/17/12

My surgery is Monday, also a lap band revision.  My husband hasn't been non-supportive but hasn't been enthusiastic either.  The lap band wasn't overly successful so maybe that's why.  Hopefully he'll come around as I start losing.

thynnlynn
on 12/14/12 10:59 am - MI

Best wishes for your surgery!  My husband is not too terribly helpful after any surgery.

Blessings,   Lynn    

Band to RnY - 3/13/13

Skinnygirlme
on 12/14/12 12:59 pm - UT
RNY on 09/05/12

Yay! I am blessed to have a sweet hubby like that too!

I believe in me...the best is yet to be!                        
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 219 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 258 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 306 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 266 views