OT, kelly, your laundry soap ???

grmadeb01
on 12/14/12 6:23 am - FL

This the 3rd time I have made this soap..this time and the last time it GELLED up..it still works great..but it got thick and would not come out of the spot but i had to pour it out of the lid part..i have the large jugs of old soap that has the pour spout and the lid on the top...the very large jugs....,

so i was just wondering if you have had that problem....i have been making a double batch the last couple of times so perhaps that is it..i share with my daughter who has a family of 5...so they go through it quite quickly...but this is great soap and still works even if it gells up...

thanks for the help and great receipe...

debby

JanBooth
on 12/14/12 8:04 am - KY
RNY on 09/25/12

I make liquid laundry soap from the Duggar family recipe on their website.  It does get thick, but you just shake it well before each use.  I also use a little closer to twice the amount they recommend to use...just feel it cleans better.  I've been making it for several months and we've saved TONS of money by my doing so.  The thing that makes it gel up, from what I've read, is the borax (if you use that in yours).  You may want to decrease the amount a bit? 

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~ Dr. Seuss~

poet_kelly
on 12/14/12 10:29 am - OH

I dunno what would make it gel up.  Mine is kind of gloopy (is that a word?) but it's still pretty liquidy, too.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

grmadeb01
on 12/15/12 1:39 am - FL

yep gloppy is what i have too...funny i did not think of that word until you said...and yeppers that is what i have too...it still works great...even tho  its gloppy...

thanks

debby

Most Active
Recent Topics