Crazy OT question...

Sherry T.
on 12/27/12 10:37 am - GA
RNY on 05/22/12

ok, let me see if I can spell this all out without it sounding a crazy as it sounds.....I'm recently separated....the divorce will be final by the end of the year....it's been a long time coming...no i'm not ready for a serious relationship but just created a new facebook account.  Ok, so I'm adding family and a few friends....welll, a friend of the family who is also single but a little older than me but all part of the same crowd but we never really had a conversation....though let me say, if you are familiar with the guy in the movie Sixteen Candles at the end of the movie standing against the Porsche and she can't believe he's there for her (yeah that'd be me) not to say it's even that but he wanted to friend me on Facebook so I confirmed him (naturally!!)  So now for the last two nights I've wondered whether to speak to him or let him speak first....cause as part of our family, let me say...they ALL talk.  So, I"m wondering why friend me if you aren't going to talk to me?  Should I wait him out or just casually speak up......he seems shy to me but he's dated some beautiful women (atleast my Mother thinks so anyway).  Gotta love her!   

Yeah bat**** crazy here I am!!

Thanks for any thoughts!!

Sherry

angeleigh
on 12/27/12 10:43 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

I personally would just say something> how about just saying something like ohh its nice to meet you, ive heard so many good things from (another mutual  friend). Just something to break the ice, and introduce your self to them.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

Sherry T.
on 12/27/12 10:45 am - GA
RNY on 05/22/12

Thanks, I think so too...then I can stop wondering!

cstarr
on 12/27/12 11:02 am
RNY on 11/15/12

Say hi.  Facebook is a great way to stay in touch and make new friends. Just always keep in mind that it is the internet and you NEVER want to write something you don't want the world to see.  (You probably know that already, but it doesn't hurt to be reminded) :)

cstarr

LucysJourney
on 12/27/12 10:21 pm - VA
RNY on 01/14/13

Slippery Slope here....it is ok to talk to a "friend" on Facebook...just keep anything intimate "OFF" Facebook...unless you want EVERYONE to know it....that include's personal messaging...it is only personal on your end...not guaranteed on the other end...

Sherry T.
on 12/27/12 11:22 pm - GA
RNY on 05/22/12
Yeah that's what has me going hmmm cause I wouldn't think I'm his type but and it may not even be anything...so I don't want to make an idiot out of myself. Maybe he just wants to keep in the family loop. Definitely going to wait and see cause I could go from sweet girl to blubbering idiot over him. LOL
JanBooth
on 12/28/12 8:32 am - KY
RNY on 09/25/12

I've had a facebook account for several years.  In that time, I've learned that "friending" someone can mean several things.  It can be someone who wants to meet up for a personal relationship to someone who just wants to have lots of friends on their list.  When a friend request comes my way, I usually will politely write on their page, something along the lines of "Thanks for the friend request!  How are you?"  That will open the lines of communication and you will know what the intentions are.  I am married and have no desire to develop any personal relationship with other men, so I can nip it in the bud if that's their intention.  If not, they read all my goofy posts!  :)  

I'm with the others, in that I tell my daughter and keep in mind for myself...if you put it in print, expect the world to see it!  
Good luck with facebook...it's truly addicting!

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~ Dr. Seuss~

Sherry T.
on 12/28/12 9:10 am - GA
RNY on 05/22/12
Thanks Jan! That seems logical to me! I loooove Facebook but the soon to be ex made me delete the account....well I did cause I just couldn't take the mental anguish any longer. I am looking forward to reconnecting with my friends old and new!

I may just have to post that tonight.

((((Hugs))))))

Sherry
MyLady Heidi
on 12/29/12 4:01 pm

I have no answers other then I don't talk to my friends on FB, I joined unwillingly anyway, but I post my stuff and my friends post there's and we comment or Like but message not so much.  I think its a way people stay connected to each others lives.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 248 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 267 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 272 views